England-W vs Australia-W 1st T20 Women’s Ashes 2019 Match Preview
- Australia Women have already ensured they will retain the Women’s Ashes, after winning all three WODIs and drawing the test match to lead 8-2.
- England did win the T20 element of the last Women’s Ashes, however, to tie the overall series.
- Australia thrashed England in the Women’s World Twenty20 Final last year, however, bowling them out for 105 on their way to an eight-wicket win.
England-W vs Australia-W 1st T20 Team News –
- England Women have just pride to play for in the T20 series after Australia Women retained the Ashes with a draw in the four-day Test ensuring that the hosts could only draw level in the series.
- England earned their first points of the series with that draw but will have to overcome three consecutive defeats to the Australians in the ODI series and suffered a huge 194-run loss in the final game with England skittled for just 75.
- As they look for their first win of the series, England called up uncapped 20-year-old Mady Villiers after she impressed with the bat in the recent England Academy game against the Australians.
- Australia Women retained the Women’s Ashes with a draw in the Test game against England Women to follow up their three victories in the ODI series which ensured they were able to build an unassailable 8-2 lead.
- Having dominated in the ODI series, the Australians will fancy their chances of claiming the Ashes outright and going through the entire series unbeaten as they turn their attention to the shortest format of the game.
- Ellyse Perry is expected to be pushed up the order as the Australians look to capitalise on her superb form with the bat whilst there are some big decisions to be made regarding the bowling attack with spinner Sophie Molineux pushing for a spot after returning from injury in the Test match.
The Number’s Game
Total Match Played: 31
Batting First Won: 15
Batting Second Won: 15
Avg score :139
Highest Total: 141/3 (17.1 Ov) by ENGW vs NZ-W
Head to Head (in T20s) :Overall :
|Matches Played||ENG-W Won||AUS-W Won||Tie||No Result|
Read Team previews, betting odds, betting tips and predictions for England-W vs Australia-W 1st T20 Women’s Ashes 2019
Team Form in Last Five Matches
ENGW : W W W W W
AUSW : W W L W W
England Probable XI –Danni Wyatt, Amy Jones, Tammy Beaumont, Nat Sciver, Heather Knight , Sarah Taylor , Katherine Brunt, Anya Shrubsole, Laura Marsh/Mady Villiers , Sophie Ecclestone, Kate Cross .
Australia Probable XI – Beth Mooney, Alyssa Healy, Ashleigh Gardner, Elyse Villani, Meg Lanning , Ellyse Perry, Rachael Haynes, Jess Jonassen, Delissa Kimmince, Sophie Molineux, Megan Schutt.
Wicket Keeper –
- Sarah Taylor ( Middle order)
- Amy Jones( Opener, 179 runs in t20s this year, Consistent batsman)
- Alyssa Healy( Attacking opener, very consistent)
- Heather Knight ( Attacking batsman + part time off spin, Not in good form)
- Meg Lanning ( Best batsman of Australia, Bats little low in t20s, 103 in ODI series)
- Wyatt ( Very attacking batsman, Opener, 307 runs this year in t20s with average of 51)
- Beth Mooney ( Opener, Attacking batsman, 370 runs last year in t20s)
- Tammy Beaumont ( 1 down, Best batsman of England, 134 runs in ODI series )
- R Haynes ( Very good batsman, Averages 110 in t20 with 221 runs)
- Ellyse Perry ( Best All-rounder in world cricket, bat’s very low in T20s, 20 wickets last year + 11 in ODI series)
- Natalie Sciver ( Best all rounder of England women, middle order+ some medium pace bowling, 106 runs + 4 wickets in 7 games this year )
- Katherine Brunt( Very good bowler + handy batsman, 9 wicket in last 4 games)
- J Jonassen ( Best spinner of Australia + very handy batsman, 6 wickets in ODI series)
- Ashley Gardner( Attacking Batsman + handy off spinner, 20 wickets last year in t20s)
- M Schutt ( Among top 5 current Bowlers, 20 wickets in 11 games against England)
- Kate Cross( One of best English pacers, 5 wickets last series, Averages just 13 this year)
- Anya Shrubsole ( Best Bowler of England Women, Relies on swing, 6 wickets in last 5 games)
- S Ecclestone ( Best spinner of England ,4 wickets in ODI)
- S Molineux ( Left arm spin, 4 wickets in test match)
- Laura Marsh( Good talented bowler, 4 wickets in ODI series)
- D Kimmince ( Medium Pacer + handy batsman, 5-fer in ODIs against England recently)
- Georgia Wareham ( Leggie, Wicket taker)
- Mady Villiers ( Off spinner + handy batsman, 30 runs in warm up game)
Join Our Telegram For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.