India vs South Africa 3rd Test Preview,Team News,Live Stream & TV Channel Info
|Match Date:||Thursday, October 19th|
|Kick Off Time:||9:30am local, 05:00 UK time|
|Expected Crowd Turnout:||50,000|
|Match Venue:||JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi|
|TV Channels:||Start Sports 1, Star Sports HD 1 (India),Willow TV, SkySports (USA)|
|Live Streaming:||Hotstar,SkyGo App|
Weather : Thunder showers were predicted for the 3rd day, which could lead to a few breaks. However, the rest of the days will be nice and bright, meaning there will still be lots of time left for a result in this match.
Match Preview :
After they toured India the last time, nothing has improved much for South Africa. However, this inexperienced team still has to find the right balance for the subcontinent. The games the selectors sponsored have mostly overwhelmed one or two other teams. The Proteas sustained many wounds to make this even worse, as they migrated to the beautiful town of Ranchi in Northern India. The tourists seem to be far from a wild Indian team to put things into perspective.
The hosts played a fantastic game at home. The 11 series win in a row demonstrate how the oppositions are dominated. Most of the teams haven’t been able to decode the spin Attack . Virat Kohli will look to clean Sweep and register another of those unforgettable victories with a bowling unit that picks 20 wickets without really breaking a sweat.Get Premier league odds
3rd Test Key Players
Virat Kohli: Virat Kohli is still the key man in India. Kohli is the world’s second-best test cricket batman and he scores flawless knock of an unbeaten 254.
Cheteshwar Pujara: The number three of India is a professional batsman and is very difficult to remove once he has been set up. In its last two outputs, Pujara scored 81 and 58 runs. In the only test match he has played on this ground, he even has a double-century.
Ravindra Jadeja :He is ranked second in the ICC test rankings for all-rounders and his ability to produce contributions with both bat and ball makes him a valuable player for this Indian team. Jadeja has been outstanding with the bat in this series & leading wicket-taker with 10 wickets.
Dean Elgar: The left-handed opening batsman will be South Africa’s biggest hope with the bat at the top of the order,Doesn’t matter what the conditions are, Elgar cracked a brilliant ton in the first test (160 runs) and scored 48 in his last innings. He is having an average of close to 40 in this format.
Quinton de Kock: The wicketkeeper had a few good knocks in this series-111 in the first match and 31 in the second. The centurion from the first test will be the team’s key man
in the middle order. De Kock is the only one on this side to be among the top ten test batsmen in the world.
Kagiso Rabada: The fast bowler is the biggest threat in this South African bowling attack and he’s done pretty well in this series
with four wickets in two games. Rabada is currently the second-best test cricket bowler in the world and with the new ball he could trouble the Indian batsmen.
Team News –
- India has already sealed the series after winning the first two matches and will be keen to wrap up the Ranchi
whitewash and pick up more points to cement their position at the top of the inaugural ICC World
- There is little need for Virat Kohli and the selectors to change the winning formula after the two convincing
victories, although they can use this game to rotate their squad and rest Ravi Ashwin or Ravindra Jadeja
who bowled a lot of overs in the two opening tests.
- Mohammed Shami may be another bowler to be given a rest with Umesh Yadav likely to get another start
after taking three wickets in each of the second test innings, while Kuldeep Yadav may be given a rare
opportunity in this game format to get some overs under his belt and Shubman Gill might be drafted into the
middle order side.
- South Africa is in a fair degree of disarray coming into this third and final Test match as they have so many players out of form and some of their important players are fighting against this relentless Indian side.
- After a self-inflicted wrist injury, Aiden Markram is ruled out of the third test.
- Keshav Maharaj will not play this game due to shoulder injury George Linde will replace him.
- Aiden Markram, Theunis de Bruyn, Temba Bavuma and even the skipper Faf du Plessis are all under pressure to find some form right now, while there is a possibility that Vernon Philander could be given a rest here as Lungi Ngidi, Heinrich Klaasen, and Zubayr Hamza could all come into the line-up.
The Number’s Game
Average 1st & 2nd Innings Score: 451 & 603
Highest Total: 603/9 (210 Ov) by IND vs AUS
Heroic Chase: 451/10 (137.3 Ov) by AUS vs IND
Head to Head (in Test) :Overall :
|Matches Played||IND Won||SA Won||Tie||No Result|
Team Form in Last Five Matches (Most Recent First)
IND : W W W W L
SA : L L L L W
South Africa Probable XI – Dean Elgar, Temba Bavuma, Theunis de Bruyn, Faf du Plessis (c), Zubyr Hamza/Heinrich Klaasen, Quinton de Kock (wk), Senuran Muthusamy, Vernon Philander, Dane Piedt/George Linde, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje
India Probable XI – Mayank Agarwal, Rohit Sharma, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (c), Ajinkya Rahane, Ravindra Jadeja, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Shami
Wicket Keeper –
- Quinton de Kock ( Lower middle order, 111 in First Test,31&5 in 2nd Test)
- W Saha ( Lower order, very good wk, will not get much chance to bat)
- Virat Kohli ( 2 down, best batsman in world,Most Consistent batsmen in middle order,Double Century in 2nd Test)
- Cheteshwar Pujara ( 1 down, technically very strong,Back in Touch Scored 81 in First Test,58 in 2nd test)
- Faf duplesis ( 2 down, best batsman of SA,55 in First Test % 64 in 2nd Test)
- Ajinkya Rahane ( 3 down, 271 runs last series against,technically very strong Scored 59 in 2nd Test)
- Rohit Sharma (Opener, out on duck in practice game,Now Scored 2 Back 2 Back Centuries in First Test & failed in second test)
- Temba Bavuma ( Middle order solid batsman, 109 runs against Ind-A, 88 in practice game,Failed in First Match & scored 38in 2nd Test)
- Ravichandran Ashwin ( Off spinner + very good batsman,Taken 8 Wickets in His First Test Match Playing after one Year & 6 in Second Test)
- R Jadeja ( Left arm orthodox + attacking lower order batsman, 30 & 40 Runs + 6 wickets in last Test +4 Wickets in Second Test, Leading Wicket taker in this Series)
- V Philander ( Pacer, known for swing, can also bat, 2 wickets in last game,37 & 44 With bat & Zero Wickets from ball in 2nd Test)
- Kagiso Rabada( Pacer, among top 5 bowlers in world cricket, 1 wicket in last game,3 in 2nd test Only Successful bowler from SA Side)
- M Shami( Pacer, Must have bowler in any condition,5 Wicket haul in First Test & 3 Wickets in 2nd Test)
- Ishant Sharma( Pacer, Known for swing, 1 wicket in last Match)
- George Linde Will Replace Keshav Maharaj .