India vs South Africa 3rd T20 Preview,Team News,Live Stream
|Match Date:||22 September, Sunday|
|Kick Off Time:||7:00 PM|
|Expected Crowd Turnout:||40,000|
|Match Venue:||M Chinnaswamy Stadium – Bengaluru, India|
|TV Channels:||Start Sports 1, Star Sports HD 1 (India),Willow TV, SkySports (USA)|
Weather : It could be another frustrating, weather-hit day on Sunday – a thunderstorm is due to hit Bangalore in the evening and there is a high chance of rain into the night. Prospects of play look slim.
Match Preview :
After a tremendous win for India in the 2nd T20, the winds of change are blowing in the South African cricketing setup. The 3rd T20I of the three-match series between India and South Africa will be played at the Banglore.
India won the second game of the series after the first was rained off, to ensure South Africa can not win this series. They had previously won their last five bilateral series in the format. Virat Kohli top-scored in a match in which both captains Kohli and Quinton de Kock scored half-centuries.
South Africa handed T20i debuts to three debutants and had De Kock in charge of the 20-over team for the first time. With a less experienced squad with one eye on next summer’s World T20 they are outsiders for this match too.Get Premier league odds
3rd T20 Key Players
Rohit Sharma: Followed up his 50-over World Cup form with scores of 24 and 67 in the two T20 internationals against West Indies. He boasts a T20i strike rate of 136.91.
Virat Kohli: His unbeaten 72 from 52 balls, which guided India to victory in the last match, took his T20i average back above 50.
Shikhar Dhawan: Back in Form Scored 40 in 2nd T20, He Was looking in Good Touch.
Deepak Chahar : Strangled the South Africans with his disciplined bowling, sniping up 2 wickets and conceding a mere 22 runs. Before this T20I, his had taken 3 for 4 in the Caribbean. If anything, he is cementing his place for the upcoming 2020 WT20.
Quinton de Kock: The captain led from the front last time out, hitting 52 from 37 balls at the top of the order. It continues his good run of form in India, having previously helped the Mumbai Indians to IPL victory by being one of the tournament’s top scorers.
Kagiso Rabada: No wickets last time out, but he did bowl 11 dot balls in the three overs he sent down. He was another of the South African stars to make a huge impact on the IPL earlier this year.
Rassie van der Dussen: Lasted just two balls last time out, but the vice-captain has made his mark on T20 cricket in the last 18 months and it will surely only be a temporary blip as he looks to get straight back to his best.
Team News –
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav & Yuzvendra Chahal have all been rested for this series.
- MS Dhoni taking a pause from the game amid speculation of the legend contemplating retirement, India are slightly under strength but have still named a hugely talented squad that has to be favoured to win this series.
- Manish Pandey and Khaleel Ahmed and India may look to rotate their team as they give game time to players ahead of the T20 World Cup.
- Deepak Chahar, Washington Sundar, and Khaleel Ahmed are all expected to be given another chance to impress in this series, while T20 specialists like Hardik and Krunal Pandya both return to the fold to support a top-six batting line-up that is as strong as any in the game right now and is led by Virat Kohli
- George Linde could now be added to the list, after replacing JJ Smuts in the squad.
- Junior Dala is likely to be back in Playing XI.
- No other Changes Expected.
The Number’s Game
- Avg 1st inn score: 158
- Avg 2nd inn score: 147
- Highest Total: 202
- Lowest Total: 127
- Highest Chased: 194
- Lowest Defended: 146
Head to Head (in T20) :Overall :
India beat South Africa by 7 Wickets
|Matches Played||IND Won||SA Won||Tie||NO RESULT|
Team Form in Last Five Matches (Most Recent First)
IND : W W W W L
SA : L W W W L
South Africa Probable XI – Quinton de Kock (c, wk), Reeza Hendricks, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Dwaine Pretorius, Temba Bavuma, Andile Phehlukwayo, George Linde, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Anrich Nortje
India Probable XI – Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Deepak Chahar, Khaleel Ahmed
Wicket Keeper –
- QdK ( Opener + WK points, 52(37) last game)
- Rishabh Pant( Middle order, hard hitting batsman, Not in Good Touch)
- VK ( 1 down, Best batsman in world, 106 runs in T20 against WI, 72 last game)
- Rohit Sharma (Opener, No intro needed, 5 tons this WC, highest run getter in t20 cricket)
- Reeza Hendricks ( Opener, consistent performer, 246 runs in 6 innings this year, Must have)
- Shikhar Dhawan ( Opener, 40 runs last game, back to form)
- Van der Dussen ( 2 down, Best batsman of team, 184 runs last 5 innings)
- David Miller ( Middle order, hard hitter, difficulty against spinners, averages 46 in T20 this year)
- Shreyas Iyer ( Middle order, technically strong + good hitter of ball, 136 runs in last 2 innings,16 runs last game)
- Temba Bavuma ( Middle order solid batsman, 109 runs against Ind-A, 49 last game)
- Hardik Pandya ( Medium Pacer + Attacking batsman, SR of 150+ in t20’s)
- Andile Phehlukwayo ( Medium Pacer + Attacking batsman, Will be team’s 3rd pacer, 1 wicket last game)
- Krunal Pandya ( Lower Middle order + left arm orthodox, very economical bowling, 5-fer against WI-A recently, 32 + 3 wickets against WI last series)
- G Linde ( Left arm orthodox + Hard hitter, 70 runs + 5 wickets against Ind – A last series, can play today)
- Rahul Chahar ( Leggie, can make his debut today, 13 wickets in IPL 2019)
- Kagiso Rabada ( Among top 5 world bowlers, not looking in good touch, wicket less last game)
- Navdeep Saini( Pacer, very high pace around 150, 5-fer against WI A recently, 5 wickets last series, was expensive last game 1 wicket)
- Anrich Nortje ( Pacer, 145+ speed, 7 wickets against Ind-A)
- Deepak Chahar ( Pacer, Known for his swing, 2 wickets last game)
- T Shamsi ( Chinnaman Bowler, wicket taker, Not much effective against India, 1 wicket last game)