India vs South Africa 2nd T20 Preview,Team News,Live Stream
|Match Date:||18th September, Wednesday|
|Kick Off Time:||7:00 PM|
|Expected Crowd Turnout:||26,000|
|Match Venue:||Punjab Cricket Association Stadium|
|TV Channels:||Start Sports 1, Star Sports HD 1 (India),Willow TV, SkySports (USA)|
Weather : After rain vanishing the game away on Sunday, the forecast looks pretty decent for the second game. Most probably, there would be no delay in the start of the game or any break during the course of the game. A perfect 40-over game is on the cards.
Match Preview :
After suffering a washout of their first match of the series, India and South Africa head to Mohali Stadium looking for better fortune with the weather. The series is now scheduled to get underway on September 18.
India goes into the match looking to continue the form they showed in the West Indies, where they won all three T20i matches against the out-of-sorts hosts. Virat Kohli leads as strong Indian team on home soil.
For South Africa, meanwhile, they won each of their last four T20i series and Quinton de Kock will lead the team for this now shortened series as they bid to maintain that form.Get Premier league odds
2nd T20 Key Players
Rohit Sharma: Followed up his 50-over World Cup form with scores of 24 and 67 in the two T20 internationals against West Indies. He boasts a T20i strike rate of 136.91.
Virat Kohli: Scored a half-century in the third T20i against West Indies – his 21st in T20 internationals in 65 innings. He still averages 49.35 in the format, even if that is lower than his test and ODI averages.
Hardik Pandya: Back in the squad after being rested, the all-rounder was one of the stand-out players in the IPL before a decent showing at the World Cup too. He took 14 IPL wickets and hot 402 runs at a strike rate of more than 190.
Reeza Hendricks: The opening batsman seems to be in good nick at the moment with back-to-back fifties while playing for South Africa A against India A. Hendricks had also topped the runs charts in the home T20I series against Sri Lanka earlier this year.
Quinton de Kock: He has been appointed as the team’s captain for this series and he will be looking to lead from the front. The left-handed batsman is one of South Africa’s leading run-scorers in the format and he struck a half-century in his previous international innings – two months ago against Australia in the World Cup.
Kagiso Rabada: The South African quick will pose the biggest threat to the Indian batsmen in this T20I series. He has picked 25 wickets in the 19 matches he has played in the format and the onus will be on him to rattle India’s top-order in the powerplay overs.
Rassie van der Dussen: Named vice-captain, the batsman has excelled in the last 18 months or so. This will be his 100th full T20 appearance and he has scored 3152 runs with a strike rate of 131.11 in the previous 99.
Team News –
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav & Yuzvendra Chahal have all been rested for this series.
- Deepak Chahar, Washington Sundar and Khaleel Ahmed are all expected to be given another chance to impress in this series.
- Hardik and Krunal Pandya both return to the fold to support a top six batting line-up.
- MS Dhoni taking a pause from the game amid speculation of the legend contemplating retirement, India are slightly under strength but have still named a hugely talented squad that has to be favoured to win this series.
- After the opening match of this three-match series was abandoned without a ball being bowled on Sunday, the second game takes place in Mohali and India will be looking to ensure their momentum from the West Indies series continues here.
- Their squad for this series has seen the selectors and Virat Kohli go with bowlers who have the ability to bat as they have identified a weakness in the depth of their batting which is why Krunal Pandya, Washington Sundar and Ravindra Jadeja are expected to get more playing time ahead of Yuzvendra Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav.
- There remain several positions up for grabs ahead of next year’s T20 World Cup, but even just looking at the players not in the squad like Dhoni and Bumrah shows just how deep their options are to choose from.
- The washout of the opening T20 match on Sunday meant that Quinton de Kock has had to wait to make his debut as the new T20 captain along with the likes of Bavuma, Anrich and Linde who await their debuts.
- South African squad has a young look about it with there being no Faf du Plessis, JP Duminy or AB de Villiers, with much more responsibility on the likes of Bavuma, Van der Dussen, and Reeza Hendricks.
- There will be plenty of expectation and weight on the shoulders of star man Kagiso Rabada with the ball who was the leading wicket-taker in the IPL earlier this year, while Anrich Nortje has excited many and he will be eager to make an impact after missing the World Cup through injury.
The Number’s Game
Average Total (1st Innings): 185
Highest Total (WC 2019): 211/4 (India)
Last Match: Australia 160/6 | 161/4 India
Head to Head (in Test) :Overall :
India beat South Africa by 7 runs
|Matches Played||IND Won||SA Won||Tie||NO RESULT|
Team Form in Last Five Matches (Most Recent First)
IND : W W W L L
SA : W W W L W
South Africa Probable XI – Quinton de Kock (c/wk), Rassie van der Dussen (vice-captain), George Linde, Bjorn Fortuin, Reeza Hendricks, David Miller, Anrich Nortje, Beuran Hendricks, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi.
India Probable XI – Rohit Sharma (VC), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli (Captain), Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (WK), Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Khaleel Ahmed, Deepak Chahar, Navdeep Saini.
Wicket Keeper –
- QdK ( Opener + WK points, Must have C/VC)
- Rishabh Pant( Middle order, hard hitting batsman, Can change match within few balls)
- Virat Kohli ( 1 down, best batsman in world, 106 runs in T20 against WI)
- Rohit Sharma (Opener, No intro needed, 5 tons this WC, highest run getter in t20 cricket)
- Reeza Hendricks ( Opener, consistent performer, 246 runs in 6 innings this year)
- Shikhar Dhawan ( Opener, currently not in good form, Just 27 runs in last 3 T20’s)
- Van der Dussen ( 1 down, Best batsman of team, 184 runs last 5 innings)
- David Miller ( Middle order, hard hitter, difficulty against spinners, averages 46 in T20 this year)
- Shreyas Iyer ( Middle order, technically strong + good hitter of ball, 136 runs in last 2 innings)
- Temba Bavuma ( Middle order solid batsman, 109 runs against Ind-A)
- Hardik Pandya ( Medium Pacer + Attacking batsman, SR of 150+ in t20’s)
- Andile Phehlukwayo ( Medium Pacer + Attacking batsman, Will be team’s 3rd pacer)
- Krunal Pandya ( Lower Middle order + left arm orthodox, very economical bowling, 5-fer against WI-A recently, 32 + 3 wickets against WI last series)
- G Linde ( Left arm orthodox + Hard hitter, 70 runs + 5 wickets against Ind – A last series)
- Rahul Chahar ( Leggie, can make his debut today, 13 wickets in IPL 2019)
- Navdeep Saini( Pacer, very high pace around 150, 5-fer against WI A recently, 5 wickets last series )
- Anrich Nortje ( Pacer, 145+ speed, 7 wickets against Ind-A, Must have bowler)
- Deepak Chahar ( Pacer, Known for his swing, 3 wickets last game he played)
- T Shamsi ( Chinnaman Bowler, wicket taker, Not much effective against India)