India vs South Africa 1st T20 Preview,Team News,Live Stream
TV channels: Star Sports
Live streaming: Hotstar
Kick Off Time : 19:00 IST,Sunday, September 15th
Venue : HPCA Stadium – Dharamshala, India
Weather : There is a good chance of showers accompanied by thunderstorms on Sunday evening. The meteorological department has predicted plenty of cloud cover throughout the match. Temperature is expected to be around 16-17 degrees Celsius and humidity around 80%.
Match Preview :
After a successful tour of the West Indies, where India won all three series, Virat Kohli’s men are gearing up for their next assignment. The Indian team is set to host South Africa for a three-match T20I series and a three-match Test rubber.
The tour will begin with the T20 series, which is set to commence on the 15th of September at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium in Dharamsala.
South Africa, on the other hand, had a disastrous World Cup campaign as they never looked like qualifying for the knockouts. Ahead of the World T20 next year, South Africa have handed the captaincy reins to Quinton de Kock while Francois Du Plessis has been dropped from the squad. The Proteas would be hoping to gain some confidence by getting a few positive results against India.Get Premier league odds
1st T20 Key Players
Rohit Sharma: The opening batsman is India’s leading run-getter in the T20 internationals with 2422 runs which includes 4 hundreds and 17 fifties. Rohit had cracked 106 off just 66 balls in the T20I against South Africa at this ground in 2015 and the team will want him to deliver a similar performance on Sunday.
Virat Kohli: The India skipper is always a key player for his team irrespective of the format. He has scored the most runs for India in T20Is after Rohit Sharma and has 21 half-centuries under his belt. Kohli was also the best batsman for his side in the recent T20I series against the West Indies.
Navdeep Saini: The fast bowler has been impressive in the game’s shortest format. He finished as the best bowler in the T20I series against the Windies with five wickets and an economy rate of 7.09. Navdeep is likely to bowl in the powerplay and he will be expected to make a few early strikes.
Reeza Hendricks: The opening batsman seems to be in good nick at the moment with back-to-back fifties while playing for South Africa A against India A. Hendricks had also topped the runs charts in the home T20I series against Sri Lanka earlier this year.
Quinton de Kock: He has been appointed as the team’s captain for this series and he will be looking to lead from the front. The left-handed batsman is one of South Africa’s leading run-scorers in the format and he struck a half-century in his previous international innings – two months ago against Australia in the World Cup.
Kagiso Rabada: The South African quick will pose the biggest threat to the Indian batsmen in this T20I series. He has picked 25 wickets in the 19 matches he has played in the format and the onus will be on him to rattle India’s top-order in the powerplay overs.
Team News –
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav & Yuzvendra Chahal have all been rested for this series.
- Deepak Chahar, Washington Sundar and Khaleel Ahmed are all expected to be given another chance to impress in this series.
- Hardik and Krunal Pandya both return to the fold to support a top six batting line-up.
- MS Dhoni taking a pause from the game amid speculation of the legend contemplating retirement, India are slightly under strength but have still named a hugely talented squad that has to be favoured to win this series.
- Quinton de Kock has been named as captain of the team.
- South African squad has a young look about it with there being no Faf du Plessis, JP Duminy or AB de Villiers, with much more responsibility on the likes of Bavuma, Van der Dussen, and Reeza Hendricks.
- The bowling attack still boasts star Kagiso Rabada who will have benefited from a rest recently after a busy schedule, but they have high hopes for talented yet raw fast bowler
- Anrich Nortje who is fit again and will be raring to test himself against India.
The Number’s Game
Avg 1st inn score: 140
Avg 2nd inn score: 124
Highest Total: 200/3 (19.4 Ov) by RSA vs IND
Highest Chased: 200/3 (19.4 Ov) by RSA vs IND
Lowest Defended: 59/5 (6 Ov) by NED vs IRE
Head to Head (in Test) :Overall :
India beat South Africa by 7 runs
|Matches Played||IND Won||SA Won||Tie||NO RESULT|
Team Form in Last Five Matches (Most Recent First)
IND : W W W L L
SA : W W T L W
South Africa Probable XI – Quinton de Kock (c/wk), Reeza Hendricks, Rassie van der Dussen, Temba Bavuma, David Miller, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaine Pretorius, Kagiso Rabada, Junior Dala, Beuran Hendricks, Tabraiz Shamsi
India Probable XI – Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Manish Pandey/Shreyas Iyer, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Deepak Chahar, Navdeep Saini, K Khaleel Ahmed
Wicket Keeper –
- QdK ( Opener + WK points, Must have C/VC)
- Rishabh Pant( Middle order, hard hitting batsman, Can change match within few balls)
- Virat Kohli ( 1 down, best batsman in world, 106 runs in T20 against WI)
- Rohit Sharma (Opener, No intro needed, 5 tons this WC, highest run getter in t20 cricket)
- Reeza Hendricks ( Opener, consistent performer, 246 runs in 6 innings this year)
- Shikhar Dhawan ( Opener, currently not in good form, Just 27 runs in last 3 T20’s)
- Van der Dussen ( 1 down, Best batsman of team, 184 runs last 5 innings)
- David Miller ( Middle order, hard hitter, difficulty against spinners, averages 46 in T20 this year)
- Shreyas Iyer ( Middle order, technically strong + good hitter of ball, 136 runs in last 2 innings)
- Temba Bavuma ( Middle order solid batsman, 109 runs against Ind-A)
- Hardik Pandya ( Medium Pacer + Attacking batsman, SR of 150+ in t20’s)
- Andile Phehlukwayo ( Medium Pacer + Attacking batsman, Will be team’s 3rd pacer)
- Krunal Pandya ( Lower Middle order + left arm orthodox, very economical bowling, 5-fer against WI-A recently, 32 + 3 wickets against WI last series)
- G Linde ( Left arm orthodox + Hard hitter, 70 runs + 5 wickets against Ind – A last series)
- Rahul Chahar ( Leggie, can make his debut today, 13 wickets in IPL 2019)
- Navdeep Saini( Pacer, very high pace around 150, 5-fer against WI A recently, 5 wickets last series )
- Anrich Nortje ( Pacer, 145+ speed, 7 wickets against Ind-A, Must have bowler)
- Deepak Chahar ( Pacer, Known for his swing, 3 wickets last game he played)
- T Shamsi ( Chinnaman Bowler, wicket taker, Not much effective against India)