Premier League 2019 : Southampton Vs Chelsea Betting Tips & Predictions
Who will win? – Chelsea
- Top Goal Scorer –Willian, Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount
- Total Goals –1-2
Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Bet €25 Get €25 Free Bet
100% FREEBET BONUS ON FIRST BET UP TO €100
100% Sports Welcome Bonus + 10% Cashback
GET UP TO £50 IN REAL CASH
Head to Head
- Southampton have won only two of their last 20 Premier League meetings with Chelsea (D6, L12) and are winless in the last seven.
- Chelsea have won on nine of their 12 visits to St. Mary’s (D2, L1), including the last four in a row.
- Southampton have won only two of their last 20 Premier League meetings with Chelsea (W2 D6 L12) and are winless in the last seven (W0 D1 L6).
- Chelsea have won nine of their 12 away visits to St. Mary’s Stadium against Southampton in all competitions (W9 D2 L1), including each of the last four in a row.
- Chelsea have scored at least once in each of their last 15 away games against Southampton in all competitions (33 goals in total), last failing to find the net in a 0-1 loss in December 1997.
- Southampton have won just one point at home in the Premier League so far this season, compared to six away from home – the smallest proportion of home points won so far this term (14%).
- Southampton have found the net in each of their last 17 home Premier League games, last having a longer run in the top-flight between April 1980-December 1981 (31 games). However, Saints have only kept one clean sheet in the current run of 17.
- Southampton are yet to lose three consecutive Premier League games under Ralph Hasenhüttl, last doing so in October 2018 with Mark Hughes at the helm.
Southampton Vs Chelsea Odds
- Chelsea are favourites to beat Southampton at St Mary’s Stadium and can be backed at 20/23 with Betfair to do just that.
- Southampton have been finding the net even without winning, however, and both teams to score is a best price of 4/6 with Bet365. Chelsea to win and BTTS is worth 5/2 with 888sport, Bet365, Betfair and Betway.
- Over 2.5 goals, meanwhile, will return 8/11 with Bet365 and 888sport.
- In-form Tammy Abraham is a best price of 5/4 with Betfair and Paddy Power to score at any time.
Southampton Vs Chelsea : Betting Preview & Tip
- Southampton started the new Premier League campaign in torrid fashion as they were beaten 3-0 away to Burnley, but things improved considerably in gameweek 2 as they were narrowly beaten by Liverpool.
- The situation continued to improve as Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side went on a 3 match unbeaten streak, but the last few weeks have seen a downturn in form. Losses to Bournemouth and Spurs have pushed them down to 14th in the table, and they face a very difficult run of fixtures now. The next 7 weeks will see The Saints face 6 of last season’s top 9 clubs, so every point is crucial at this stage of the season.
- One aspect of Southampton’s play that has significantly improved since Hasenhuttl took charge is their attacking football. They have scored in all but 1 of their Premier League matches this season, although this has come at a cost to the back line. The result is that there has been plenty of entertainment, with 4 of their 7 outings seeing at least 3 goals scored.
- Chelsea aren’t exactly short of goals since Frank Lampard took his place in the hot seat. They have scored 14 goals in 7 games but have shipped 13 at the other end. Only Manchester City have seen more goals than Chelsea this season, so we could be in for a cracker here.
- The Blues’ defensive frailties become even more apparent when away from home. They have shipped 8 goals in their 3 away days so far, scoring 8 at the other end for an average tally of over 5.3 goals per game.
Expert Verdict:Chelsea’s young charges have got back on track with three wins in three separate competitions since their Premier League defeat to Liverpool. They should now head to frustratingly inconsistent Southampton with renewed confidence, and extend their unbeaten streak in this fixture.
* NOTE: These predictions may be changed Nearer the Start of the match once the final starting teams have been announced and we will be running ‘In–Play’ features soon, so stay tuned.
Read English Premier League, Betting odds,Premier League 2019 : Southampton Vs Chelsea Betting Tips & Predictions
Join Our For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,Get Cricket Betting Tips here
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.