West Indies Vs India 3rd ODI Match Preview Research & Analysis
West Indies, having lost the second one-day international after a middle-order failure, will hope for an improved batting performance in the final game, to draw level in the three-match series.
India, meanwhile, are on the verge of registering their ninth successive series win against West Indies. While Virat Kohli continued his dominance in the 50-over format, Shreyas Iyer made a strong case for himself with a fluent 71 on his return. India will hope for a strong performance from Shikhar Dhawan, who is yet to produce an innings of note on the tour so far.
West Indies, much like they did in the World Cup, allowed their opponents to come back into the game after being in a position of strength. Going into the final ODI, they face the prospect of another series defeat. Jason Holder’s men will look to lift themselves up and finish with a win, if they are to avoid slipping to No.8 on the ICC Men’s ODI Team Rankings.
West Indies Vs India –3rd ODI Match Preview
- India is unbeaten on this tour untill now
- West Indies bowling is weak and will struggle against the strong Indian batting
- India is spoiled for choice and even the players on its bench are going to be very hard for the West Indians to play against.
Team News –
- Navdeep Saini is going to get a go in the side, perhaps in place of Bhuvaneshwar Kumar.
- Kedar Jadhav at number 6 and may want to give Manish Pandey a chance in this match.
- Manish Pandey, KL Rahul and Navdeep Saini were also unused. India now must choose between consistency and testing their fringe players.
- Yuzvendra Chahal might get play in place of Ravindra Jadeja.
- No other Changes Expected.
- The West Indies don’t need to make too many changes ahead of the next match.
- They may end up swapping out Oshane Thomas for Fabien Allen in the last match to give themselves another spin option while further adding a very good all-rounder to the side.
- Oshane Thomas was selected ahead of Fabian Allen, leaving Roston Chase as the only spin bowler. The West Indies may elect for an extra spin-bowling option on this occasion after Thomas bowled just four overs.
The Number’s Game
STATS – ODI
|Matches won batting first||30|
|Matches won bowling first||33|
|Average 1st Inns scores||217|
|Average 2nd Inns scores||176|
|Highest total recorded||413/5 (50 Ov) by IND vs BER|
|Lowest total recorded||75/10 (28.5 Ov) by Can vs ZIM|
|Highest score chased||272/3 (40.1 Ov) by WI vs PAK|
|Lowest score defended||119/3 (29 Ov) by IND vs SL|
Player Battle (Run-Ball-Out)
Virat kohli vs Jason Holder (143-173-3)
Ravindra Jadeja vs Jason Holder (16-18-2)
Chris Gayle vs Bhuvneshwar (27-30-3)
Shimron hetmyer vs Ravindra Jadeja (69-56-2)
Jason Holder vs Bhuvneshwar (17-19-2)
Head to Head (in T20s) :Overall :
|Matches Played||IND Won||WI Won||Tie||No Result|
Read Team previews, betting odds, betting tips and predictions for West Indies Vs India 3rd ODI Match Preview Research & Analysis
Team Form in Last Five Matches
WI : L W L L L
IND : W L L W W
West Indies Probable XI – Chris Gayle, Evin Lewis, Shai Hope, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Roston Chase, Jason Holder (c), Fabian Allen, Carlos Brathwaite, Kemar Roach, Sheldon Cottrell
India Probable XI – Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Kedar Jadhav, Rishabh Pant, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Khaleel Ahmed
Wicket Keeper –
- Shai Hope ( 1 down, consistent performer, best batsman of WI)
- Nicolas Pooran ( 2 down, Very attacking batsman, in good form from the t20 blast, 42 in 2nd ODI)
- Rishabh Pant( Middle order, hard hitting batsman, Can change match within few balls, 65 in last t20 game,20 in last game)
- Virat Kohli ( 1 down, 443 runs this WC, best batsman in world, 120 in 2nd ODI)
- Rohit Sharma (Opener, No intro needed, 5 tons and 648 runs this WC)
- Shikhar Dhawan ( Opener, back after injury, 100 against Australia in WC,not in good Form)
- Shemron Hetmyer ( Middle order, 6 hitting machine, Hit or miss player)
- Evin Lewis ( Opener, Attacking batsman, hit or miss, 65 in last game)
- Shreyas Iyer( Middle order, technically very strong,71 in 2nd ODI)
- Jason Holder ( Lower Middle order + full time pacer)
- Carlos Brathwaite ( Late hitting + wicket taking bowler, 100 against Kiwis this WC, bowled in death in WC )
- Ravindra Jadeja ( Power hitter + left arm orthodox, tight line and length)
- M Shami ( Pacer, wicket taking bowler, 2 Wickets in last Game)
- S Cottrell ( Left arm pacer, relies on swing, 12 wickets this WC2019)
- K Yadav ( Left arm Leg spinner, best spinner in team currently, 2 wicket last game)
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar ( Pacer, Will bowl in death, best bowler of India,4 Wickets in last Game)
- Navdeep Saini( Pacer, very high pace around 150,5-fer against WI A recently, 5 wickets in last series)
Join Our Telegram For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.