West Indies vs India 2nd Test Preview,Team News,Live Stream & TV
TV channels: Sony Ten, Sky Sport NZ, Sky Sports Cricket, Fox Sports, SuperSport, ATN Cricket Plus, Willow TV, Astro Cricket HD, OSN Sports Cricket, GTV
Live streaming: SonyLiv, Sky Go, Now TV
Kick Off Time : Friday, 30th August, 2019 – 15:30 (UK)
Venue : Sabina Park – Kingston, Jamaica
Weather : Moderate or heavy rain shower, 71% Humidity, 27.5℃
The weather forecast in Jamaica is good and even though we may have the occasional rain interruption, we should not have any trouble getting the full game in.
After won the first Test at North Sound in Antigua, it would be upon West Indies to try and level the series in the last match. This being only a two-match Test series, 60 points are at stake per match, which will have a huge say in the standings of the Test Championship. India will look to continue their domination against depleted West Indies side when the second Test match will commence from 30th August at Jamaica.
On the other hand,The comprehensive defeat was another blow for West Indies, who are finding a gulf has opened up between them and the top teams.West Indies will need to come up with a collective effort to challenge a potent side like India. The hosts could not deliver the goods with the bat and also could not seize the crucial stages of the match in the first Test.Get Premier league odds
West Indies Vs India 1st Test Key Players
Virat Kohli: Ended the ODI series with two hundreds and hit 51 in the second innings of the first test, including a century partnership with Rahane, to take the game away from West Indies. He is ranked as the number-one batsman in the world for a reason.
Ajinkya Rahane: Showed excellent batting form in the first test, scoring 81 in the first innings and 102 in the second – his tenth test century in 57 appearances, complemented by his 18 half-centuries.
Jasprit Bumrah: His figures of 5-7 in the second innings broke the record for the cheapest five-wicket haul by an Indian bowler in test matches. He is also the first ever Asian bowler to claim a five-fer in all four of South Africa, Australia, England and West Indies.
Kemar Roach: Claimed five wickets in the first test, including 4-66 in the first innings, and the paceman will be keen to add further to his 189 test wickets – which he has raced to in 54 matches. He also top-scored in the second innings with 38 from 31 balls.
Roston Chase: His spin-bowling accounted for six wickets in the first match, having become a more important part of his game since his eight-wicket haul against England. He averages 32.96 with the bat in tests too, and top-scored in the first innings with 48.
Jason Holder: After a wicket in each innings in the first test, the West Indies’ captain goes into his 39th test just five wickets short of 100. He averages 33.27 with the bat and 27.96 with the ball in test-match cricket.
Team News –
- Mayank Agarwal who could only manage 5 and 16, but they have so much strength in depth to their batting that they will be confident of producing the goods even if one or two batsmen fail, and they should be unchanged for this one.
- Ishant Sharma joining Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami, which meant no place for either Ravichandran Ashwin or Kuldeep Yadav.
- India Might include an extra spinner but with the three pacers doing exceedingly well & the pitch at Jamaica expected to be assisting the quicks, that is unlikely.
- No change is expected in the Indian XI as the team is looking quite settled.
- They are unlikely to make any changes to the batting line-up.
- Keemo Paul is back after injury, He will replace Miguel Cummins.
The Number’s Game
|Matches won batting first||16|
|Matches won bowling first||21|
|Average 1st Inns scores||320|
|Average 2nd Inns scores||344|
|Average 3rd Inns scores||241|
|Average 4th Inns scores||145|
|Highest total recorded||849/10 (258.2 Ov) by ENG vs WI|
|Lowest total recorded||47/10 (25.3 Ov) by WI vs ENG|
Average First inning score : 320
2nd inning score: 344
3rd inning score: 241
4th inning score: 145
Highest Total: 849/10 (258.2 Ov) by ENG vs WI
Lowest Total: 47/10 (25.3 Ov) by WI vs ENG
Highest Chased: 212/3 (42.4 Ov) by WI vs SL
Lowest Defended: 219/10 (69.4 Ov) by WI vs IND
- Ajinkya Rahane has scored 81 and 102 runs in his last 2 Test innings’.
- Virat Kohli scored 51 runs in his last Test innings.
- India’s Virat Kohli averages 53.4 runs per innings in Test cricket.
- Bumrah took 5-7 in eight overs – the cheapest five-wicket haul by an Indian bowler in test matches – to give India maximum points from their first World Test Championship fixture.
Head to Head (in Test) :Overall :
|Matches Played||IND Won||WI Won||Tie||Draw|
Read Team previews, betting odds, betting tips and predictions for West Indies vs India 2nd Test Preview,Team News,Live Stream & TV
Team Form in Last Five Matches
WI : L L W W L
IND : W D W L W
West Indies Probable XI – Kraigg Brathwaite, John Campbell, Shai Hope (wk), Darren Bravo, Roston Chase, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder (c), Keemo Paul, Kemar Roach, Shannon Gabriel, Rahkeem Cornwall
India Probable XI – Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (c), Ajinkya Rahane, Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant, Ravindra Jadeja, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah
Wicket Keeper –
- Shai Hope and Rishabh Pant were the men behind the stumps in the first test. Pant was in excellent form in his previous test series to this one and will want to finish this one strongly too.
- KL Rahul Scored in Both Innings as a decent opener in Test.
- Mayank Agarwal failed to Perform in first Test, Expect a big Score from him in 2nd Test .
- Virat Kohli two hundreds in ODI & 51 in the second innings of the first test.
- Ajinkya Rahane scored 81 in the first innings and 102 in the second.
- Cheteshwar Puajara did not score runs in the first match, But He is Technically Very Strong Batsmen.
- Hanuma Vihari and Ravindra Jadeja contributed in the middle order in both innings.
- Roston Chase, Shai Hope, Shimron Hetmyer & Jason Holder dug in to score some runs but failed to convert it into Big Knock.
- Kraigg Brathwaite has a poor record against India and continued to struggle in this series.
- John Campbell seems an explosive batsmen but His technique seems too loose for this format of the game.
- Shamarah Brooks was only in his first match and so it would be unfair to single him out but his batting was quite poor as well.
- Ravindra Jadeja contributed 58 in the middle order and taken 2 Wickets. He will be Very effective in this match pitch is favorable for spinners here.
- Roston Chase had taken six wickets in the first match,his averages 32.96 with the bat in tests too, and top-scored in the first innings with 48.
- Jason Holder had taken wicket in each innings in the first test,his averages 33.27 with the bat and 27.96 with the ball in test-match cricket.
- Jasprit Bumrah took 5wickets in the second innings,cheapest five-wicket haul by an Indian bowler in test matches. He is in his Prime form of life,Expect him to Destroy Windies batting lineup once again.
- Ishant Sharma was in excellent bowling form in the first test, 8 Wickets in First Test.
- Mohammed Shami Assisted very well both pacers and manged to take 4 wickets in first test.
- Kemar Roach and Shannon Gabriel were quite good but other Bowlers are Expensive.
- Keemo Paul will play this match, which may not be a bad thing. Pitch in Jamaica should give the West Indian bowlers a lot more bounce to exploit.