West Indies vs India 1st Test Prediction
After a successful T20I and ODI series, the Men in Blue will lock horns with the West Indies in a two-match Test series. A confident Team India will look to dominate the hosts who will be low-in-confidence.
West Indies lost all three T20 clashes and two ODIs with the other being washed out and that run of form may leave the Windies low on confidence especially with them possessing several lightly-exposed Test players in the squad.
For India, it will be a new beginning where you could see the side try new combinations. Rahane and Wriddhiman Saha will have eyes on them as they are making a comeback to the side in whites. It will also be an opportunity for players like KL Rahul, Mayank Agarwal to cement their spots in the side. Eyes will also be on Rohit Sharma to see if he can translate his good form in white-ball cricket to red-ball. It will also be interesting to see if Kuldeep Yadav makes the starting 11 with Ravindra Jadeja and Ravichandran Ashwin in the mix.Get Premier league odds
West Indies Vs India 1st Test Key Players
Kemar Roach: Took eight wickets in West Indies’ last test at North Sound as they beat England earlier this year. The paceman has taken 184 wickets in 53 tests.
Jason Holder: Led from the front in the series win against England, including his double-century in the first match and his wickets in the second at North Sound.
Darren Bravo: While his form was not great in the ODI Series, this is his preferred batting format and he will look to add to eight test centuries and 17 50s in the format.
Virat Kohli: After back-to-back centuries in the ODI series, the world number one test batsman will now look to carry that form into the tests. He has 25 test centuries and 20 half-centuries in just 77 matches so far, on his way to a 53.76 average.
Cheteshwar Pujara: Hit a century in the warm-up game to prove he is bang in form still, and the batsman will now look to build on his 51.18 test average. There is a reason only Kohli is ranked above him in the Indian squad.
Ravindra Jadeja: India’s top-ranked test bowler, having picked up 192 wickets in his first 41 test matches. He also hit 81 with the bat in their most recent test against Australia.
Team News –
- Mayank will probably open with KL Rahul in 1st match.
- Ishant Sharma can replace Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
- Cheteshwar Pujara will bat at No 4 for India.
- Rishabh Pant has an outright chance to seal his place in the side.
- Jadhav or Ashwin one can make it to playing XI & Ashwin has more chances of that
- Jasprit Bumrah returns to the squad after being rested for the limited-overs matches
- Indian team keeps Navdeep Saini as cover for Test series against West Indies
- Shai hope will open & Bravo will be at number 3.
- Shane Dowrich will be the wicket keeper for West Indies.
- Off-spinner Rahkeem Cornwall could be in line for a test debut after taking 197 wickets in the domestic four-day competition over the past five seasons.
- John Campbell retains his place in the Test squad after making his debut earlier in the year as he becomes a prominent figure across all three formats and will be joined by the uncapped Shamarh Brooks and Rahkeem Cornwall.
The Number’s Game
|Matches Won by Home Side||3 (42.86%)|
|Matches Won by Touring Side||1 (14.29%)|
|Matches Won by Neutral Side||0 (0.00%)|
|Matches Drawn||3 (42.86%)|
|Matches Tied||0 (0.00%)|
Head to Head (in Test) :Overall :
|Matches Played||IND Won||WI Won||Tie||Draw|
Read Team previews, betting odds, betting tips and predictions for West Indies vs India 1st Test Prediction,Ind vs WI 1st Test Preview
Team Form in Last Five Matches
WI : L W W L L
IND : D W L W W
India (Run -Ball Out)
Rohit sharma vs Trent boult(88-136-4)
Virat kohli vs Tim Southee(188-179-5)
Hardik Pandya vs Trent boult(32-35-3)
MS Dhoni vs Mitchell santner(54-95-1)
New Zealand (Run -Ball Out)
Martin Guptill vs bhuvneshwar kr. (130-151-4)
Colin Munro vs Mohammed Shami (8-15-3)
Kane Williamson vs Mohammed Shami (71-91-2)
Ross taylor vs Mohammed Shami (55-61-4)
Tom Latham vs Yuzvendra Chahal (99-95-3)
West Indies Probable XI – Kraigg Brathwaite, John Campbell, Shai Hope, Darren Bravo, Roston Chase, Shimron Hetmyer, Shane Dowrich (wk), Jason Holder (c), Kemar Roach, Shannon Gabriel, Rahkeem Cornwall
India Probable XI – Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (c), Ajinkywa Rahane, Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah
Wicket Keeper –
- Shane dowrich will bat in middle order for Windies. He is not very consistent batsman but can give you decent points with gloves. Not a good test series for him at the starting of this year against England.
- Rishabh Pant will also bat in middle order. He had played some decent cricket in T20 Series but failed in ODI series. He is expected to perform well in this series and can be a crucial pick if 1-2 top order players flop.
- Virat kohli currently no. 1 batsman in the world and he had a great record on this venue and against this team too. Played 1 match on this venue and scored total 200 runs.
- Cheteshwar Pujara didnt get to play in ODI’s but he has now become a regular batsman in Test Cricket and Performs very consistently . He will bat one down. Played a knock of 100 runs in warm up match.
- Shai hope was the most consistent batsman for the Windies side but he has lost his charm from last couple of games. Failed in last test series against England.
- K brathwaite will open for Windies. He had played some good knocks in Test Series against England. Known for his attacking cricket. Can be a punt pick today. He had good record on this venue as he had played 4 mtches and scored 295 runs with avg. Of 49.
- Darren bravo is the most experienced player from the Windies side but he is not in form from last couple of years.
- Ajinkya Rahane will bat 3 down. He had been in great form in this year’s IPL.
- Shimron hetmyer will most probably bat in middle order. He had great record against India in ODI’s but failed to perform in both the last Series i.e. T20 and ODI.
- Mayank Agarwal will open for India. He is coming from the Series against Windies A team and played some very good knocks there.
- Lokesh Rahul will open with Mayank agarwal . he had a decent world cup and will try to up his game by playing some good cricket today.
- J Campbell will open for windies. He is a decent batsman and a consistent performer. He had performed good in last test series against England.
- Ravichandran Ashwin is coming back from TNPL where he had performed brilliantly. He had a good record against windies with both bat and bowl. He had smashed 4 tons and took 60 wickets against windies till now.
- R Chase had played good cricket against India A few days ago and he will try to continue his form. However didn’t performed up to the expectations in ODI series but can be a important pick today due to his all round performance and weak line up of windies.
- Any one of R Cornwall or Keemo paul will get chance to play in this match. It will be interesting to see if R Cornwall will get his test debut today or not. The pitch is expected to favor Pacers at starting but it will get slow down as the day passes so he can get a game becoz of his spin and batting ability.
- Jason Holder is more than capable with that bat especially in the longer format. Scored a double centuary against England in last test series. .
- Mohammad Shami was in great form during world cup and in last ODI series also. He will try to continue his form if plays as he is expected to be on bench and Umesh Yadav can get a game.
- Ishant Sharma is making his come back in International cricket after a while. He is an experienced player and a must pick at this pitch which support pacers. Took 3 wickets in warm up game.
- Jasprit bumrah currently in no need of Intro. He is one of the best pacers right now in the International Cricket,Pitch is expected to support pacers in first Innings.
- S Gabriel has a decent record at this Venue. He had played 10 matches and took 10 wickets.
- Kemar Roach will be must pick from Windies Side . He is consistent wicket taker option for Windies and his role will decide the status of the match.
- Umesh Yadav had performed well at this venue and against the windies too. He can get a game today due to his record. He had played 6 matches against windies at took 25 wickets which includes 5 wickets at this venue.