- Date: Sunday, June 23
- Time: 3 p.m. ET
- Location: Stade Oceane
- TV channel: Fox and Telemundo
- Odds: France -1.5 (+115) | Brazil +1.5 (-135) | O/U 2.5
⦁ Eugenie Le Sommer and Kadiadiatou Diani will be coming into the starting lineup for the game.
⦁ Everybody is available for the team.
⦁ Sarah Bouhaddi will be the goalkeeper for France Women.
⦁ No changes in the starting XI for this fixture.
⦁ Nobody is missing for Brazil Women.
⦁ Bárbara Micheline do Monte Barbosa will be the safety net for the backline.
France Women v Brazil Women Lineup:
France Women –
Bouhaddi (GK), Torrent, Mbock, Bathy, Renard, Majri, Diani, Bussaglia, Henry, Le Sommer, Gauvin, Thiney
Barbara (GK), Santos, Sousa, Monica, Monica, Tamires, Andressa, Thaisa, Andressa Cavalari Machry, Debinha, Marta, Cristiane
- Brazil wouldn’t have been here had it not for the rule of best four third-placed teams qualifying to the next round. But the fact that t would have been hard on the Selecao, who were by far the best teams amongst the teams finishing 3rd in their groups.
- The 2007 beaten finalists managed two wins at the group stage, including a 0-1 victory over Group C leaders Italy.
- After blowing away South Korea 4-0 in the opening world cup game, France had to squeeze out two close wins against Norway and Nigeria. The hosts eventually topped the group, ahead of Norway.
France Women :
Wendie Renard, LeSommer
Stats & Facts :
FRA-W vs BRZ-W recent form (Last six matches)
France Women – W W W W L D
Brazil Women – W L W L L L
FRA-W vs BRZ-W Head to head
France Women Won – 4
Brazil Women Won – 4
Drawn – 3
France vs Brazil prediction
France keeps Brazil out by knocking Marta down time and time again and double-teaming her, and nobody else steps up to fill her shoes as the hosts get a goal in the second half for the narrow win.
Pick: France 1, Brazil 0