- England’s women’s football team continues to improve. Tuesday’s match will be the third consecutive major tournament semifinal the Lionesses have qualified for. They reached the World Cup 2015 and the European Championship 2017 semifinals.
- Manager Neville will look to continue more or less with the same setup, but against USA there will be a stern test.
- Although, Captain Houghton played the last match with a cloud over her fitness, in this game she should be back to her fittest.
- Bardsley will start in goal and will play a major role against the likes of Rapinoe and Morgan.
- Ellis could start Lloyd against England rather than Alex Morgan.
- USA-W is the team to beat in this tournament and have been playing fluid football.
- The USA-W team are likely to retain the same team with Morgan Heath and Rapinoe starting in the front 3
- Naeher will start in Goal for USA-W
England Women vs USA Women Lineup:
England Women: Bardsley(Gk); Bronze, Houghton (c), Bright, Greenwood; Walsh, Scott, Kirby; Parris, Duggan, White.
USA Women: Naeher (GK), O’Hara, Dahlkemper, Sauerbrunn, Dunn, Lavelle, Ertz, Mewis, Heath, Morgan, Rapinoe
The American women have been unstoppable but were made to fight hard against the Spanish and the French till the end. The United States side has a host of experienced players in all department with the likes of Becky Sauerbrunn and Kelley O’Hara leading the defense, AlexMorgan and Megan Rapinoe forming a potent strike force, and the likes of Rose Lavelle and Sam Mewis control the midfield.
England Manager Phil Neville:
- We want to inspire and to build a legacy.
- We had a camp last year and we set out the objectives for the next 12 months, and all I wanted them to say was ‘win the World Cup’.
- But they were thinking bigger than winning a World Cup, which knocked me in my stride a little bit.
- We want the Lionesses to have a name that people around the world can relate to… badass women. That was our mantra.We’re now at the point where we are inspiring, where people are jumping on board… it just feels really good.
- We want to come home with that World Cup. I keep thinking to myself, ‘stop saying it’, but we can’t hide away from the fact something’s happening. We cannot wait for Tuesday.
Top Goalscorers: White, Parris, Taylor, Greenwood, Houghton
Top Assists: Kirby, Mead, Carney, Stanway, Duggan, Bronze
X factor star – Lucy Bronze
Top Goalscorers: Rapinoe, Morgan, Mewis, lloyd
Top Assists: Rapinoe, Mewis, Davidson
X factor star – Sam Mewin
Head to Head Record:
- Played – 8
- US – 4
- England – 2
- Draw – 2
Stats & Facts :
- England and USA have faced just once previously in the Women’s World Cup – USA winning 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the 2007 edition.
- USA have lost just one of their last five international matches against England (W3 D1 L1), with the most recent encounter between the two countries ending 2-2 in the SheBelieves Cup in March.
- England are in the semi-finals of the Women’s World Cup for the second successive edition (2015); they had never reached the final four in the competition before this. The Lionesses lost 2-1 to Japan in 2015, conceding in the 92nd minute via a Laura Bassett own goal.
- USA have reached the semi-final stage in all eight of their Women’s World Cup tournaments, progressing to the final on four occasions, including each of the last two (2011 and 2015).
- Ellen White is England’s outright record goalscorer at the Women’s World Cup (six goals); she needs just one more goal to be outright fifth in the all-time scoring charts for the Lionesses (currently 33 goals).
Win probability: Eng-W vs USA-W There is a 50% chance of United States winning this match while England has only 23% chance. Probability of a draw is 27%.
Current FIFA Ranking
England : 3
USA : 1
Join Our Telegram For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.