- Valentina Bergamaschi expected to be back for Italy
- Laura Giuliani will be the goalkeeper for Italy Women
- Nobody is missing for the team.
- China had a tough game last time around against Spain and played their strongest 11 and are hence not expected to change for this game either
- No injury news for China
- Peng Shimeng will be the goalkeeper for China Women.
China Women vs Italy Lineup:
China Women :Peng Sh M, Liu Sh Sh, Lin Y P, Wu H Y, Han P, Yang L, Li Y, Wang Yan, Li W,Zhang R, Yao W
Italy Women: Giuliani, Gama, Linari, Guagni, Sabatino, Girelli, Bonansea, Bartoli, Giacinti, Cernoia, Giugliano
- Against all the odds, proving every prediction wrong, Italy topped their group, which had women’s football powerhouses Australia and Jamaica in it.
- Their stoic defense and ruggedness in the middle of the park was the reason for their unexpected high return.
- Chine, on the other hand, rode their luck and scraped past their group by the virtue of being one of the best third-placed teams in the tournament.
- A 1-0 win over South Africa and a stalemate in the last game against resurgent Spain was enough to send them into the next round.
Top Goalscorers: Li Ying
Top Assists: Zhang Rui
X factor star – Lui Shanshan
Top Goalscorers: Girelli, Galli, Bonansea,
Top Assists: Giugliano, Cernoia, Boattin
X factor star – Cristiana Girelli
Head to Head Record:
The last time China Women and Italy Women played against each other was in way back 2015 when the two sides clashed for a friendly. China Women register a 2-0 victory at their home stadium, Qujing Sports Centre Stadium.
Stats & Facts :
ITA –W vs CHN – W Recent form (Last six matches)
Italy Women – L W W W W D
China Women – D W L L W W
ITA –W vs CHN – W Head to head
Italy have won each of the previous renewals of this fixture, winning by a goal to nil in 2004 and by two goals to nil in 2008.
Current FIFA Ranking
Italy : 15
China Women vs Italy Women Prediction
The Chinese defense does it again, and Italy surrenders a penalty kick that turns the game on its head in the second half.
Pick: China 1, Italy 0