Wolves v Burnley : Preview Team News Live Stream & TV Channel Info
Match Info: Wolves v Burnley
Date & Time: 25 August 2019, 16:30 (BST)
Referee: Craig Pawson
TV: Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Ultra HD,BBC Sport Final Score/BT Sport Score
Live Stream: Sky Go App (Sky Go is also available on PC, mobile & tablets)
Odds: League: Premier League
Match Preview :
Wolves play their second home game of the week on Sunday afternoon when they welcome Burnley to Molineux on Sunday.
Wolves are still searching for their first league win of the season, after drawing 1-1 with Manchester United on Monday. Nuno Espirito Santo’s side will hope that midweek action doesn’t affect them, following their 3-2 victory over Torino in their Europa League play-off first leg on Thursday.
Burnley are looking to bounce back from a tight defeat last weekend, when Arsenal beat them 2-1 at the Emirates. The Clarets are looking to record their second victory of the season, following their opening day triumph against Southampton two weeks ago.
Last matches of Wolves :
|2019-08-19||WOLVERHAMPTON – MANCHESTER UTD||1-1|
|2019-08-11||LEICESTER CITY – WOLVERHAMPTON||0-0|
Last matches of Burnley :
|2019-08-17||ARSENAL – BURNLEY||2-1|
|2019-08-10||BURNLEY – SOUTHAMPTON||3-0|
Match Facts: Wolves
- Wolves is unbeaten for 2 matches.
Match Facts: Burnley
- Burnley has scored at least one goal in the last 2 matches.
Wolves vs Burnley Head to head (h2h)
- Both teams have a win apiece from their last four meetings.
- Their last encounter at this venue finished 1-0 in favor of Wolves.
- Two out of their previous six clashes have ended in a tie.
- All of their last four clashes have been low scoring ones.
Team News :
- Two draws for Wolves to open their campaign but they will target a win here to prove that the Europa League is not causing a distraction.
- This match will be Wolves’ third match in six days after Monday night against Man Utd and Thursday’s trip to Italy to face Torino.
- Nuno Espirito Santo is using the Europa League to rotate but he will field all his regular starters as they return to league action.
- After their opening win over Southampton, Burnley lost to Arsenal last week but there were plenty of positives despite the 2-1 loss.
- Ashley Barnes’ fine start to the season continued as he scored his third goal in the opening two games and is leading the line well.
- Boss Sean Dyche will likely retain the same eleven players for this match as they performed well at Arsenal though Rodriguez could come in.
Wolverhampton Wanderers likely XI
- Goalkeeper:Rui Patricio
- Defenders:Ryan Bennett, Conor Coady, Willy Boly
- Midfielders:Matt Doherty, Leander Dendoncker, Ruben Neves, Joao Moutinho, Jonny Castro
- Forwards:Raul Jimenez, Diogo Jota
Burnley likely XI
- Goalkeeper:Nick Pope
- Defenders:Matt Lowton, James Tarkowski, Ben Mee, Erik Pieters
- Midfielders:Johan Berg Gudmundsson, Ashley Westwood, Jack Cork, Dwight McNeil
- Forwards:Chris Wood, Ashley Barnes
- 45% of Wolves’s last 20 home league games have ended with Both teams scoring. They won 4, drew 1 and lost 4 of those games.
- 55% of Burnley’s last 20 away league games ended with both teams scoring, they won 4, drew 5 and lost 2 of those games.
- The last time Wolves failed to score at home in the league was a 0-0 draw to Brighton in April this year.
- The last time Burnley kept a clean sheet away in the league was in a 0-0 draw against Watford in January this year.
- Wolves have now recorded two wins in a row and are undefeated in their last three matches before-in all competitions.
- The the newly promoted side have fared well so far and have won one game against West ham drew two one coming against Man City lost the other in the opening fixture.
- Both of their two home games they have played have all ended in stalemate and will want to record their first win against out form Burnley.
- Burnley on the other hand have endured a difficult start to the campaign and are winless in the eight matches they have played so far this season.
- Four have come in the premier league and they are yet to register a single point thus far.
- The clarets were exceptional last season but their involvement in Europa has taken their toil and will be interesting to see how they reassemble having been knocked out of Europe.
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Burnley Head-to-Head Stats
After two years in separate leagues Wolves’ promotion saw them back in the top flight with Burnley last season. They beat the Clarets at home – Raul Jimenez scoring the only goal in a 1-0 win. At Turf Moor, however, Burnley hit back. Conor Coady’s early own goal and Dwight McNeil’s strike were enough for Burnley in a 2-0 win.
* NOTE: These predictions may be changed Nearer the Start of the match once the final starting teams have been announced and we will be running ‘In–Play’ features soon, so stay tuned.
Join Our For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,Get Cricket Betting Tips here
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.