West Ham United Vs Norwich City : Preview,Team News,Live Stream
Match Info: West Ham United Vs Norwich City
Venue: London Stadium, London, England
Date : Saturday August 31 2019
Kick-off time: 2:00 pm (GMT)
Referee: P. Tierney
TV: Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Ultra HD,BT Sport 1 & BT Sport Ultimate
Live Stream: Sky Go App,BT Sport app (Sky Go is also available on PC, mobile & tablets)
Odds:West Ham: 87/100,Draw: 14/5,Norwich: 3/1
League: Premier League
Match Preview :
West Ham have bounced back well from their opening day trouncing at home to Manchester City, since returning to go unbeaten in each of their next three games in all competitions. Manuel Pellegrini’s team first picked up a 1-1 draw away to Brighton before travelling to Watford last weekend, as a Mark Noble penalty and Sebastien Haller brace inspired them to a 3-1 win at Vicarage Road. It was a particularly encouraging performance from the Hammers, who showed their potential as an attacking threat against the Hornets. In midweek, they sealed a comfortable 2-0 win away to Newport County in the League Cup.
If their first three games of the new Premier League season are anything to go by, Norwich City look set to be one of the most exciting teams to watch in the English top flight in 2019/20. The Canaries have given each of Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea issues with their fluidity in attack and although they have only won one of those games, there are plenty of encouraging signs for Norwich fans to take from their early performances. However, they will need to ensure they are turning performances into points and start keeping their opponents out, having already conceded eight goals. That leaves them with the worst defensive record in the league and the team will be looking to bounce back from a League Cup upset against Crawley Town in midweek.
West Ham United vs Norwich City Head-to-Head
|West Ham United (25)||Norwich City (26)|
|West Ham United||14||3.5||Norwich City||12||3.12|
|Norwich City||4||1||West Ham United||4||1.04|
|West Ham United||44||1.76||Norwich City||43||1.65|
|Norwich City||25||1.00||West Ham United||34||1.31|
West Ham United vs Norwich City Betting Stats
- Norwich have the worst defensive record in the Premier League, conceding eight goals.
- West Ham haven’t lost back-to-back home Premier League games since September 2018.
- Teemu Pukki is the Premier League’s leading scorer alongside Raheem Sterling with five goals.
Team News :
West Ham United
- Javier Hernandez (knee) will be assessed ahead of this clash. He is the only injury concern for Manuel Pellegrini, who could name the same starting XI that saw off Watford last Saturday.
- Onel Hernandez (knee) is set to miss at least three months of action, while Timm Klose is also a doubt after being subbed off against Crawley Town. Josip Drmic (hamstring) is still on the sidelines.
West Ham United likely XI
- Goalkeeper:Lukasz Fabianski
- Defenders:Ryan Fredericks, Issa Diop, Angelo Ogbonna, Arthur Masuaku
- Defensive Midfielders:Declan Rice, Mark Noble
- Attacking Midfielders:Andriy Yarmolenko, Manuel Lanzini, Felipe Anderson
- Forwards:Sebastien Haller
Norwich City likely XI
- Goalkeeper:Tim Krul
- Defenders:Max Aarons, Grant Hanley, Ben Godfrey, Jamal Lewis
- Defensive Midfielders:Moritz Leitner, Tom Trybull
- Attacking Midfielders:Emiliano Buendia, Marco Stiepermann, Todd Cantwell
- Forwards:Teemu Pukki
- West Ham have won 3 of their last 4 home matches against Norwich (all competitions).
- Norwich have lost 3 of their last 4 matches (all competitions).
- West Ham have seen over 3.5 goals in 3 of their last 4 matches (Premier League).
- Norwich have seen over 3.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 matches (Premier League).
- West Ham have failed to keep a clean sheet in 10 of their last 12 matches (Premier League).
- Sebastien Haller opened his West Ham account last time out and the big striker could be a key figure this season.
- He is flanked by Andriy Yarmolenko and Felipe Anderson in a front three that could deliver plenty of goals and this home match against Norwich is a good chance to back up their last league win.
- Norwich’s own attacking threat is obvious – Teemu Pukki scoring five and assisting the other of Norwich’s six goals this season. Todd Cantwell, who scored the other, has linked up well with the Finn so far.
- Those defeats are nothing to be concerned out, coming against two of the big six, and the performance against the Blues was an encouraging one.
- But West Ham will be another tough test – particularly away from home – with their new signings starting to gel now.
- If the Hammers put in a similar performance to what they produced against Watford, they will win this game against Norwich.
* NOTE: These predictions may be changed Nearer the Start of the match once the final starting teams have been announced and we will be running ‘In–Play’ features soon, so stay tuned.
Join Our For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,Get Cricket Betting Tips here
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.