Southampton Vs Chelsea Preview,Team News,Live Stream & TV Channel Info
|Match Info:||Southampton Vs Chelsea|
|Date:||Sunday, October 6, 2019|
|Kick-off time:||2:00 pm|
|Venue:||St. Mary’s Stadium, Southampton|
|TV:||Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Ultra HD|
|Live Stream:||BT Sport Live,Sky Go App,BT Sport app|
|Live Stream (India)||Hotstar, Star Sports|
|League:|| Premier League|
Match Preview :
Chelsea bagged an exciting Champions League win over Lille (1-2) on Wednesday and now travel to Southampton for their Matchday 8 Premier League clash in good spirits, looking to extend a three-match winning streak across competitions and challenge a top 4 spot.
Blues have picked it up as they outclassed Grimsby Town (7-1) in League Cup and Brighton (2-0) in Premier League beforehand, putting behind them somewhat disappointing displays against Valencia (0-1) and Liverpool (1-2) as well as a rather shaky start of the new campaign overall.
Southampton sit just four points behind the rivals but they’ve struggled for consistency just as much, seeing a 2-1 loss at Tottenham last week and failing to connect any two same results since the wins over Brighton (0-2) and Fulham (0-1 in League Cup) back in August.
Saints have seen a rather tough schedule in front of the home fans and come into the match still searching for their first win here, after seeing Liverpool (1-2), Bournemouth (1-3) snatch all three points and holding off Manchester United (1-1) along the way. They will now need more and we don’t really see them up to the task here.
- Seven of the previous eight fixtures saw Chelsea winning.
- The Saints failed to find the back of the net in five of the former seven clashes.
- The Blues are on a four-match winning run at this stadium.
- 11 of the prior 13 wins at this venue went to the guests.
- Since 2000, the hosts have won just once at the St. Mary’s.
Last Matches of Southampton :
|2019-09-28||TOTTENHAM – SOUTHAMPTON||2-1|
|2019-09-20||SOUTHAMPTON – BOURNEMOUTH||1-3|
|2019-09-14||SHEFFIELD UTD – SOUTHAMPTON||0-1|
|2019-08-31||SOUTHAMPTON – MANCHESTER UNITED||1-1|
|2019-08-24||BRIGHTON – SOUTHAMPTON||0-2|
|2019-08-17||SOUTHAMPTON – LIVERPOOL||1-2|
Last Matches of Chelsea :
|2019-09-28||CHELSEA – BRIGHTON||2-0|
|2019-09-22||CHELSEA – LIVERPOOL||1-2|
|2019-09-14||WOLVES – CHELSEA||2-5|
|2019-08-31||CHELSEA – SHEFFIELD UTD||2-2|
|2019-08-24||NORWICH – CHELSEA||2-3|
|2019-08-18||CHELSEA – LEICESTER||1-1|
Southampton Vs Chelsea Stats
- Wolverhampton come into the match after snatching a narrow 0-1 Europa League win at Besiktas with a last-gasp winner from Willy Boly
- Man City connected a five-match winning streak since the shock loss at Norwich (3-2) midway through September
- Wolves beat Man City (on penalties after a goalless draw) at Premier League Asia Trophy in July
- Moussa Djenepo and Cédric Soares are ruled out for Southampton for their welcome of Chelsea.
- Alex McCarthy and Cedric Soares will be assessed, with James Ward-Prowse potentially starting on the right for Ralph Hasenhüttl’s side.
- Indeed, the Saints boss could name the same XI that started the 2-1 defeat to Tottenham last weekend, though Che Adams will hope to play some part having not been part of the squad.
- Chelsea have had an excellent week having beaten Brighton last weekend and then making the trip to Lille in midweek and winning 2-1.
- Frank Lampard reverted to three central defenders in the Champions League but it would be no surprise if he switched back to a flat four.
- With Kante, Zouma and Giroud all returning to the matchday squad in midweek, Lampard has plenty of options to choose from right now.
Key Stat:Southampton have only won one of their last 13 matches against Chelsea, and none of the last eight (lost seven, drawn one).
Southampton likely XI
- Goalkeeper:Angus Gunn
- Defenders:Jan Bednarek, Maya Yoshida, Jannik Vestergaard
- Midfielders:James Ward-Prowse, Oriol Romeu, Pierre-Emil Hjobjerg, Ryan Bertrand
- Forwards:Nathan Redmond, Sofiane Boufal, Danny Ings
Chelsea likely XI
- Goalkeeper:Kepa Arrizabalaga
- Defenders:Cesar Azpilicueta, Kurt Zouma, Fikayo Tomori
- Midfielders:Reece James, N’Golo Kante, Jorginho, Marcos Alonso
- Forwards:Willian, Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount
|Chelsea have won their last 4 away matches against Southampton in all competitions.|
|Chelsea have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 7 matches against Southampton in all competitions.|
|There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Chelsea‘s last 3 away games (Premier League).|
|Chelsea have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 away matches against Southampton in all competitions.|
|Chelsea have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 away matches (Premier League).|
|Southampton have failed to win their last 5 home matches (Premier League).|
- When Southampton FC is down 0-1 home, they win 12% of their matches.
- Chelsea FC haven’t scored in 1 of their 3 away matches in Premier League this season.
- Average number of goals in the first half in meetings between Southampton FC and Chelsea FC is 0.6.
- A year ago, Chelsea FC were number 3 in the table with 17 points. Now they are number 7 with 11 points.
- During the last 40 meetings, Southampton FC have won 7 times, there have been 8 draws while Chelsea FC have won 25 times. The goal difference is 73-38 in favour of Chelsea FC.
- Southampton FC’s last home win against Chelsea FC was in 2013.
* NOTE: These predictions may be changed Nearer the Start of the match once the final starting teams have been announced and we will be running ‘In–Play’ features soon, so stay tuned.
Read English Premier League, Betting odds, Betting tips and Predictions for Southampton Vs Chelsea Preview,Team News,Live Stream & TV Channel Info
Join Our For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,Get Cricket Betting Tips here
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.