Norwich City Vs Manchester City Preview,Team News,Live Stream
Match Info: Norwich City Vs Manchester City
Venue: Carrow Road
Date : Saturday 14 September
Kick-off time: 17:30 BST
Referee: Kevin Friend
TV: Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Ultra HD
Live Stream: BT Sport Live,Sky Go App,BT Sport app (Sky Go is also available on PC, mobile & tablets)
India: Hotstar, Star Sports
Odds: Norwich:13/1,Draw: 15/2,Man City:12/75
League: Premier League
Match Preview :
Norwich City welcome champions Manchester City to Carrow Road on Saturday. The late kick-off is one of the biggest mismatches of the Premier League slate according to the bookmakers. Only Newcastle, who head to Liverpool, are bigger underdogs than the Canaries.
Although they’ve only won one of their four Premier League games, Norwich have drawn plenty of plaudits for their performances. Daniel Farke has refused to compromise his attacking style although a lack of defensive solidity has ultimately cost the Canaries.
The fixture list hasn’t been especially kind to Norwich though. Following this game, they’ll have already played three of last season’s top five teams.
Manchester City dropped two points against Tottenham at home but other than that, Pep Guardiola’s side have been flawless. The champions have already racked up 12 goals with Raheem Sterling and Sergio Aguero looking irresistible in attack.
Total Matches Played: 68 matches
Norwich City: 9 wins
Manchester City: 36 wins
Draw: 23 draws
- Norwich are quicky learning the harsh realities of the Premier League and they face another tough test as the champions come to town.
- Daniel Farke has injury concerns in defence as Zimmermann and Klose are both ruled out so he will be hoping Hanley can return from a knock.
- Amadou deputised in central defence when he came on last time out and he will likely play there or for the injured Trybull in midfield.
- Aymeric Laporte is set for a long spell on the sidelines so Pep Guardiola will be hoping that John Stones is fit to start following a thigh injury.
- If the Englishman does suffer another set back then Fernandinho will have to provide cover at the back.
- Ilkay Gundogan returned from international duty due to illness but should be fit for the weekend, while Gabriel Jesus should also be back in contention.
- Elsewhere Bernardo Silva is likely to return to the starting XI at the expense of either David Silva or Riyad Mahrez.
Norwich City likely XI
- Goalkeeper:Tim Krul
- Defenders:Max Aarons, Ben Godfrey, Ibrahim Amadou, Jamal Lewis
- Defensive Midfielders:Alex Tettey, Moritz Leitner
- Attacking Midfielders:Todd Cantwell, Marco Stiepermann, Emiliano Buendia
- Forwards:Teemu Pukki
Manchester City likely XI
- Defenders:Joao Cancelo, John Stones, Nicolas Otamendi, Oleksandr Zinchenko
- Midfielders:Kevin de Bruyne, Rodri, David Silva
- Forwards:Bernardo Silva, Sergio Aguero, Raheem Sterling
Form Guide (Last five matches; Most recent first)
Norwich City: L-L-L-W-L
Manchester City: W-W-D-W-W
|Man City have won 17 of their last 18 matches (Premier League).|
|There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man City‘s last 5 games (Premier League).|
|Manchester City have scored at least 3 goals in their last 3 away matches (Premier League).|
|Man City have been winning at both half time and full time in 5 of their last 7 away matches (Premier League).|
|Manchester City have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 away matches against Norwich in all competitions.|
|Man City are undefeated in 12 of their last 13 matches against Norwich in all competitions.|
- Kevin de Bruyne and Raheem Sterling both caught the eye and will return to Premier League action looking to continue in their rich vein of form.
- Add in Sergio Aguero’s goalscoring already this season and the continued brilliance of the their magician David Silva and it is not hard to see why they were back-to-back champions.
- Norwich, on the other hand, have come into the Premier League and caught the eye already – Teemu Pukki has been in the goals and Todd Cantwell has racked up a good partnership with the Finn.
- They have shipped too many goals, however, and that should be a worry ahead of this game – Pep Guardiola’s side have scored 14 times already this season and have seemingly not even hit top gear yet.
- Manchester City also have an excellent record in this fixture, albeit they drew last time they met back in 2016, and will expect to continue that.
- Norwich may have caught the eye at times this season, but Manchester City have already showed their own quality and the defending champions are going to be hard to stop.
* NOTE: These predictions may be changed Nearer the Start of the match once the final starting teams have been announced and we will be running ‘In–Play’ features soon, so stay tuned.
Read English Premier League, Betting odds, Betting tips and Predictions for Norwich City Vs Manchester City Preview,Team News,Live Stream
Join Our For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,Get Cricket Betting Tips here
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.