Newcastle United Vs Brighton & Hove Preview,Team News,Live Stream
|Match Info:||Newcastle United vs Brighton|
|Date:||Saturday 21 September, 2019|
|Kick-off time:||5.30pm BST|
|Venue:||St James’ Park|
|TV:||Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Ultra HD|
|Live Stream:||BT Sport Live,Sky Go App,BT Sport app|
|Live Stream (India)||Hotstar, Star Sports|
|Match Odds:||Newcastle– 2.50,Draw – 3.15,Brighton– 3.00|
|League:|| Premier League|
Match Preview :
The Magpies put on a decent showing at Liverpool last weekend, taking the lead through Jetro Willems’ first goal for the club but ultimately they came up short as the league leaders ran out 3-1 winners.
Newcastle boss Steve Bruce will now be hoping to register his first win on Tyneside and move his team out of the relegation zone as they prepare to host a side they have yet to defeat in four previous Premier League meetings.
The north-east side will need to improve defensively if they are to get the better of the Seagulls, who won this fixture 1-0 last season, Newcastle having failed to keep a clean sheet in front of their own supporters in the last seven in all competitions.
Their chances of shutting out Brighton have been boosted by Fabian Schar being passed fit after he limped out of last week’s loss at Liverpool, while there is a chance Andy Carroll makes his second debut for the club having missed the first five games of the season through a lack of match fitness.
|Newcastle United (7)||Brighton & Hove Albion (9)|
|Newcastle United||4||0.28||Brighton & Hove Albion||4||0.36|
|Brighton & Hove Albion||2||0.14||Newcastle United||3||0.27|
|Newcastle United||13||1.86||Brighton & Hove Albion||12||1.33|
|Brighton & Hove Albion||5||0.71||Newcastle United||12||1.33|
|Highest Aggregate||4||Brighton & Hove Albion||0 – 4||Newcastle United||1961/1962|
|Highest Newcastle United score:||5||Newcastle United||5 – 0||Brighton & Hove Albion||1961/1962|
|Highest Brighton & Hove Albion score:||3||Brighton & Hove Albion||3 – 1||Newcastle United||1978/1979|
Newcastle United Vs Brighton & Hove
- Under 2.5 goals have been scored in eight of the last nine league and cup matches between these clubs
- A clean sheet was kept in seven of those nine games, including all four hosted by Newcastle
- Brighton have lost only one of their last five away matches against Newcastle
- Fabian Schar is expected to overcome a knock to start in defence in what may be an unchanged XI from the side that lost 3-1 at Liverpool.
- Florian Lejeune and Dwight Gayle both sit this one, however.
- DeAndre Yedlin, Matt Ritchie and Sean Longstaff are all hoping to recover in time for the welcome of Brighton, but Allan Saint-Maximin and Andy Carroll have both been named in the squad.
- Leandro Trossard and Jose Izquierdo will both sit out the trip to Newcastle.
- Ezequiel Schelotto, Leon Balogun, Bernardo and Martin Montoya will be assessed, and with the latter two possibly out, Graham Potter could use Solly March at right wing-back again.
- Dan Burn may again start from the left in this instance, with Glenn Murray operating ahead of him in a front three.
Key stat:Brighton are unbeaten in their last four matches with Newcastle, all of which came in the Premier League. (2W, 2D).
Newcastle United likely XI
- Defenders:Krafth, Schar, Lascelles, Dummett, Willems
- Midfielders:Almiron, Hayden, Shelvey, Atsu
Brighton & Hove likely XI
- Defenders:Duffy, Dunk, Webster
- Midfielders:March, Stephens, Propper, Burn
- Forwards:Gross, Murray, Maupay
|Newcastle have seen under 2.5 goals in 7 of their last 8 matches against Brighton in all competitions.|
|Brighton have failed to win 13 of their last 14 matches|
- Newcastle are at 7/5, a draw is at 11/5, and Brighton are at 2/1.
- Newcastle have been able to collect just a single point so far from two home matches this season. They lost to Arsenal and were held to a point by Watford largely due to sloppiness at the back. They can’t afford much more of that, if they want to stay up, or keep Bruce his job.
- Brighton, on the other hand, have a very mixed record away from. They surprised with an opening win at Southampton, but they were brought back to reality by City in a 4-0 drubbing. They will hope this is closer to the Saints trip than the Citizens one, that’s for sure.
- No for both sides scoring is at 1.8 at Betfair.
* NOTE: These predictions may be changed Nearer the Start of the match once the final starting teams have been announced and we will be running ‘In–Play’ features soon, so stay tuned.
Read English Premier League, Betting odds, Betting tips and Predictions for Newcastle United Vs Brighton & Hove Preview Team News Live Stream
Join Our For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,Get Cricket Betting Tips here
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.