Newcastle United Vs Arsenal Team News Preview & Prediction
Match Info: ARS vs NEW Dream11 Team Prediction, Team News, Playing 11 | Arsenal vs Newcastle United
Venue: St. James’ Park, Newcastle
Date & Time: 11th August 2019, 6:30 PM
League: Premier League
Match Preview :
Arsenal will this weekend face Newcastle United at the Saint James’ Park and Unai Emery will be hoping that his side could start off on an amazing start to the 2019/20 campaign since they didn’t start well last season since their first two fixtures were against Manchester City and Chelsea.
The gunners had a successful transfer window even though everyone thought it would be a disaster after they failed lost to Chelsea in the UEFA Europa League final which ended their hopes of qualifying for this year’s Champions League but everything has turned out just well as they have made six signings in this recently closed window.
The Magpies will definitely give Arsenal a hard time since they have brought in a couple of new players and have appointed Steve Bruce as their new manager so their playing style will be different from the one of last season, the gunners were able to beat Newcastle United in the home and away matches last season.
Team News :
Newcastle United –
- Steve Bruce takes charge of his first game as Newcastle manager, and he has a new-look forward line to fire his team in this season’s opener.
- Joelinton and Allan Saint-Maximin could start up front together having signed for a combined £56 million in the summer. Fellow new man Jetro Willems could start in defence.
- Deandre Yedlin and Florian Lejeune are still out, while Matt Ritchie is a doubt.
- Arsenal are sweating on the fitness of Alexandre Lacazette, who limped off during the friendly game against Lyon a couple of weeks ago.
- New signing Nicolas Pepe is unlikely to be thrown straight in and, after what turned out to be a busy window for Arsenal, there is a chance no new signings will be in the starting line-up here. Dani Ceballos will be pushing for a spot.
- Long-term absentees Hector Bellerin and Rob Holding remain out.
Newcastle United Probable XI
- Defenders:Maquillo, Schar, Lascelles, Fernandez
- Midfielders:Aarons, Hayden, Shelvey, Longstaff, Almiron
Arsenal Probable XI
- Defenders:Maitland-Niles, Chambers, Sokratis, Monreal
- Defensive Midfielders:Torreira, Xhaka
- Attacking Midfielders:Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Aubameyang
KEY STATISTICS –
- Arsenal have won 12 of their last 13 competitive fixtures against Newcastle United.
- The last time Newcastle and Arsenal met in Gameweek 1 of a Premier League season was back in 2011-12, when they played out a 0-0 draw at St James’ Park.
- This will be the first time in eight seasons that Arsenal haven’t opened a league campaign with a match at the Emirates Stadium.
- Arsenal have lost four of their last six matches on the opening match day of a Premier League season.
- Newcastle haven’t won their opening league game of a season since 2012-13.
Last Five Games of ARS:
L BAR 2-1 ARS
W ANG 1-1 ARS
L ARS 1-2 LYON
L MAD 2-2 ARS
W ARS 3-0 FIO
Last Five Games of NEW:
W NEW 1-0 WHU
L NEW 0-4 WOL
W FUL 0-4 NEW
L NEW 2-3 LIV
D BHA 1-1 NEW
Head to Head Record:
ARS 2-0 NEW
NEW 1-2 ARS
NEW 2-1 ARS
ARS 1-0 NEW
ARS 1-0 NEW
Joelington ( 7 goals and five assists) | ( 6 goals and three assists)
X-Factor star: Matt Ritchie ( Two goals and eight assists)
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang ( 22 goals and five assists) | Alexandre Lacazette ( 13 goals and eight assists)
X-Factor: Mesut Ozil: (5 goals and two assists)