Manchester City Vs Watford Preview,Team News,Live Stream & TV Channel Info
|Match Info:||Manchester City vs Watford|
|Date:||Saturday 21 September, 2019|
|Kick-off time:||3pm BST|
|TV:||Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Ultra HD|
|Live Stream:||BT Sport Live,Sky Go App,BT Sport app|
|Live Stream (India)||Hotstar, Star Sports|
|Match Odds:||Man City – 1.10,Draw – 9.50,Watford– 22.00|
|League:|| Premier League|
Match Preview :
Manchester City will look to bounce back from that shock defeat to Norwich City when they host Watford on Saturday.
That stunning defeat at Carrow Road leaves the champions five points adrift of Liverpool with Tottenham and Manchester United now just two points adrift of Pep Guardiola’s side.
With Quique Sanchez Flores back at the helm, Watford picked up their first point of the season last time out against Arsenal.
It’s a repeat of last season’s FA Cup final, where the Hornets were on the end of a 6-0 hammering.
Last 3 Matches
May 18 2019 (FA Cup Final): Manchester City 6-0 Watford
March 9 2019: Manchester City 3-1 Watford
December 4 2018: Watford 1-2 Manchester City
Total : 20
Manchester City wins: 12
Watford wins: 5
Manchester City vs Watford Stats
- Manchester City have won all of the 11 league and cup matches between these clubs played since 2013
- Raheem Sterling has scored seven goals in his last four appearances against Watford
- Tottenham are the only team to have scored away to Manchester City since Watford did so in March
- Benjamin Mendy made his first appearance of the season as a substitute in Wednesday night’s 3-0 win away to Shakhtar Donetsk.
- Fernandinho may be required to slot in at centre-back once again here, with both John Stones and Aymeric Laporte sidelined for the foreseeable future.
- Phil Foden missed the midweek trip to Ukraine through illness and remains a doubt here.
- Kevin De Bruyne looked exhausted in the Champions League and may drop out of the XI here for David Silva.
- Joao Cancelo has been forced to be patient for game time this season but will hope to make his full City debut this weekend.
- Watford drew 2-2 against Arsenal in Quique Sanchez Flores’ first match since returning to the club as they fought back well from 0-2 down.
- Sanchez Flores switched to a 4-2-3-1 last week and will likely retain that although he may consider one or two changes for this match.
- Deulofeu may start as the lone striker while Pereyra and Sarr could potentially come in to offer more pace and ability to retain possession.
Key stat:Deulofeu has attempted more shots (15), had more shots on target (5) and created more chances (12) than any other Watford player in the Premier League this season.
Manchester City likely XI
- Defenders:Walker, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Zinchenko
- Defensive Midfielders:Rodri, De Bruyne
- Attacking Midfielders:Bernardo Silva, David Silva, Sterling
Watford likely XI
- Defenders:Femenia, Dawson, Kabasele, Holebas
- Defensive Midfielders:Doucoure, Capoue
- Attacking Midfielders:Hughes, Cleverley, Deulofeu
|Man City have won their last 11 matches against Watford in all competitions.|
|Man City have scored at least 2 goals in their last 11 matches against Watford in all competitions.|
|There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man City‘s last 6 games (Premier League).|
|Man City have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 6 matches against Watford in all competitions.|
|Manchester City have kept a clean sheet in 6 of their last 8 home matches (Premier League).|
|Man City have been winning at both half time and full time in 6 of their last 7 matches against Watford in all competitions.|
|Manchester City have scored at least 2 goals in their last 6 matches (Premier League).|
|Watford have failed to win their last 9 matches (Premier League).|
- One thing we can expect from this game is goals, goals, goals. In fact, there have been over 3.5 goals between the two in five of the last six meetings, with the other still seeing a total of three goals. That makes it impossible not to go high in the goal markets with the best online betting sites especially as in the three meetings between the two last seasons, a whopping 13 goals were scored in 270 minutes of football.
- We have established above why their will be plenty of goals in this one and although it is Manchester City who have recorded 11 straight wins against the Hornets, there is plenty of reasons to suggest Watford will trouble the City goal at least once. Pep Guardiola’s side have already conceded six this season and clearly have defensive issues whilst Watford’s fightback against Arsenal was all the proof we need to see that the Hornets have some of their sting back.
- City may face a tricky Champions League tie against Shakhtar Donetsk mid-week, but do not expect Pep Guardiola to rest any of his stars for the visit of Watford following a shock defeat to Norwich last weekend. That means Raheem Sterling will start (if fit) and will more than likely to start. Popular sportsbooks offer little value in backing the Englishman to score anytime so back him to score last instead. The forward has netted five times against Watford in their last two meetings including scoring the last goal of the game in both.
* NOTE: These predictions may be changed Nearer the Start of the match once the final starting teams have been announced and we will be running ‘In–Play’ features soon, so stay tuned.
Read English Premier League, Betting odds, Betting tips and Predictions for Manchester City Vs Watford Preview Team News Live Stream
Join Our For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,Get Cricket Betting Tips here
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.