Liverpool vs Newcastle Preview Team News Live Stream & TV Channel
Match Info: Liverpool vs Newcastle
Date : Saturday 14 September
Kick-off time: 12:30 (BST)
Referee: Andre Marriner
TV: Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Ultra HD
Live Stream: BT Sport Live,Sky Go App,BT Sport app (Sky Go is also available on PC, mobile & tablets)
India: Hotstar, Star Sports
Odds: Liverpool : 65/500,Draw : 8/1,Newcastle : 19/1
League: Premier League
Match Preview :
This match could have a significant say on the fate of both the teams with Liverpool battling for the top 4 places and Newcastle United just two points shy of the relegation zone.
We will probably witness a game of fast-moving attack versus a well-organised defence. It will be interesting to see how Liverpool attackers cope with the ultra-defensive style of play that Benitez adopts against attacking teams (cue Manchester City game).
The advantage that the pace and agility of Mane and Salah offers could be negated in small and crowded spaces in the final third. We have seen Liverpool struggle against so-called lesser teams that utilise park-the-bus tactics against them, especially at Anfield. However, Klopp’s Merseysiders have shown significant improvement in results against the lesser teams this season and have been able to break down most stubborn defences successfully. They have lost only once to teams outside top 6 this season.
Based on current form and the recent run of results for both the teams, it would be a massive surprise if Liverpool get anything less than 3 points on Saturday. The movements of Firmino and Salah, along with the attacking threat posed by Liverpool fullbacks could profoundly influence the result of this match. But never completely rule out a Benitez team, as Manchester United team learned a few weeks back.
Last 5 Matches
|04/05/19||Premier League||Newcastle 2-3 Liverpool||Rondon, Atsu; Van Dijk, Salah, Origi|
|26/12/18||Premier League||Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle||Fabinho, Shaqiri, Salah, Lovren|
|03/03/18||Premier League||Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle||Mane, Salah|
|01/10/17||Premier League||Newcastle 1-1 Liverpool||Joselu, Coutinho|
|23/04/16||Premier League||Liverpool 2-2 Newcastle||Lallana, Sturridge; Colback, Cisse|
Total : 164
Liverpool wins: 79
Newcastle wins: 44
- Jurgen Klopp has no fresh injury concerns following the international break as they gear up for the welcome of Newcastle.
- Alisson, Nathaniel Clyne and Naby Keita all continue to miss out, however.
- Klopp could be tempted to name the same XI that started the win over Burnley at Turf Moor.
- After losing their opening two matches, Newcastle have responded by beating Spurs and drawing against Watford to edge up the league table.
- They face a tough trip to Anfield here as they remain without several first team players though Steve Bruce may recoup Yedlin and Gayle.
- Bruce may be tempted to name an unchanged side for this game to help build more continuity in the team with their various summer signings.
Liverpool likely XI
- Defenders:Alexander-Arnold, Matip, van Dijk, Robertson
- Midfielders:Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Henderson
- Forwards:Salah, Mane, Firmino
Newcastle United likely XI
- Defenders:Krafth, Schar, Lascelles, Dummett, Willems
- Midfielders:Almiron, Hayden, Longstaff, Atsu
|Liverpool are undefeated in their last 40 home matches (Premier League).|
|Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in their last 13 matches (Premier League).|
|The last time Newcastle won at Anfield was a League Cup tie back in 1995 when Steve Watson’s goal was enough in a 1-0 win, but they haven’t won there in the league since 1994 when they won 2-0 thanks to goals from Rob Lee and Andy Cole.|
|Liverpool have won 11 of their last 13 home matches against Newcastle in all competitions.|
|Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in 12 of their last 13 home matches against Newcastle in all competitions.|
|The first game between the two came in 1893 when Liverpool won 5-1 at Anfield, not long after Everton moved out of the famous old ground and allowed their Merseyside rivals to take the ground for themselves.|
|There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Liverpool‘s last 7 games (Premier League).|
- Liverpool will return to domestic football on top of the current PL table with 12 points from their first four matches.
- They have a two-point gap over Manchester City, the only other side with a reasonable chance of winning the league. On top of that, international week went well for them, with two of their main men in Mane and Salah not even participating and thus staying in town. That’s huge for them, and it should help them add to their two wins and seven goals scored at home so far.
- Newcastle, meanwhile, will come into play on a two-match unbeaten run. They began the season with no points out of their first six, but they then grabbed a win over Tottenham in London and then got a draw last time out at home to Watford. Those four points put them in 14th place, though they are still only a point above Aston Villa who are in the relegation zone. There is a lot of work to be done for them escape the threat of the drop, and you have to think this match is very much a ‘bonus’ for them.
* NOTE: These predictions may be changed Nearer the Start of the match once the final starting teams have been announced and we will be running ‘In–Play’ features soon, so stay tuned.
Read English Premier League, Betting odds, Betting tips and Predictions for Liverpool vs Newcastle Preview Team News Live Stream & TV Channel
Join Our For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,Get Cricket Betting Tips here
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.