Crystal Palace Vs Aston Villa : Preview Team News Live Stream
Match Info: Crystal Palace Vs Aston Villa
Venue: Selhurst Park
Date : Saturday August 31 2019
Kick-off time: 3.00pm BST
Referee: Kevin Friend
TV: Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Ultra HD
Live Stream: Sky Go App,BT Sport app (Sky Go is also available on PC, mobile & tablets)
India: Hotstar, Star Sports
Odds: Crystal Palace: 6/5,Draw: 23/10, Aston Villa:12/5
League: Premier League
Match Preview :
The Eagles will certainly be an optimistic bunch this week as the squad will be coming into the clash on the back of a very impressive 2-1 win over the Red Devils, that too at Old Trafford.
The hosts certainly defied the odds in that match up, as they were the outright underdogs by a mile to pick up the three points. However, with Rashford missing from the spot and just three shots on target from their twenty-two efforts at goal, Van Anholt’s goal in stoppage time was just enough to pull the rug from under United at the end of the ninety minutes.
Things have started to look up for Aston Villa as well, as they managed to grab their first victory since their return to the Premier League. The visitors ended their two-match losing streak with a comfortable 2-0 win over Everton at home.However, Villa have lost their only trip on the road so far and will have to put in the extra effort if they are to avoid going back to losing ways.
Last 4 matches
January 12 2016: Aston Villa 1-0 Crystal Palace
August 22 2015: Crystal Palace 2-1 Aston Villa
January 1 2015: Aston Villa 0-0 Crystal Palace
December 2 2014: Crystal Palace 0-1 Aston Villa
Aston Villa v Crystal Palace Head-to-Head
|Aston Villa (18)||Crystal Palace (18)|
|Aston Villa||11||1.98||Crystal Palace||7||1.26|
|Crystal Palace||2||0.36||Aston Villa||2||0.36|
|Aston Villa||30||1.67||Crystal Palace||21||1.17|
|Crystal Palace||12||0.67||Aston Villa||11||0.61|
|Highest Aggregate||4||Crystal Palace||2 – 2||Aston Villa||2009/2010|
|Highest Aston Villa score:||4||Crystal Palace||4 – 2||Aston Villa||1968/1969|
|Highest Crystal Palace score:||1||Crystal Palace||1 – 0||Aston Villa||1967/1968|
Team News :
- Having all started the shock victory over Manchester United, Joel Ward, Patrick van Aanholt and Jeffrey Schlupp were ruled out of the game against Colchester on Tuesday night as the Eagles suffered a humiliating cup exit.
- All three players will face fitness tests for the visit of Aston Villa but are expected to be in contention for a place in the squad at the least, with both James Tomkins and Mamadou Sakho still sidelined, while Martin Kelly was taken off at half-time in midweek and could also be a doubt.
- Former Villa forwards Jordan Ayew and Christian Benteke continue to vie for a starting spot up front, with the former more likely to get the nod following a strong showing at Old Trafford.
- Following a thumping 6-1 win over Crewe in midweek despite making ten changes to the starting XI that beat Everton, Dean Smith has some healthy selection dilemmas ahead of the trip to Selhurst Park.
- One man certain to miss out is Matt Targett who was forced off on debut on Tuesday with a hamstring problem, so Neil Taylor will return to the side.
- Conor Hourihane netted twice in the cup victory and, along with Anwar El Ghazi, is perhaps closest to forcing his way back into the picture in the league but changes are unlikely.
Crystal Palace likely XI
- Defenders:Ward, Kelly, Cahill, van Aanholt
- Midfielders:Zaha, McArthur, Milivojevic, Kouyate, Schlupp
Aston Villa likely XI
- Defenders:Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Taylor
- Midfielders:Jota, McGinn, Douglas Luiz, Grealish, Trezeguet
Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa Stats
- Under 2.5 goals have been scored in 16 of the last 19 league matches between these clubs
- A clean sheet has been kept in six of their latest eight league meetings
- Three of Crystal Palace’s last four home games have finished 0-0
- Crystal Palace start the weekend in ninth place in the PL having taken four points from their first three matches. An opening day draw with Everton was pretty useful, but they then lost at Sheffield United to bum them out a bit. However, they got a massive three points away at Old Trafford last weekend, shocking United to beat them for the first time in 30 years there. That was the surprise of the weekend and it showed just the conundrum Palace has always been. Ever capable of beating even the top sides on their day, but just as capable of laying an absolute egg and making no sense at all.
- Aston Villa will find themselves just barely above the drop zone ahead of week four of the Premier League as they have put up three points and are in 16th, only above others on goal difference. They had started with a couple of losses, at Tottenham and then at home to Bournemouth, showing a slow start that could have been attributed to their huge number of new signings. However, a big win last Friday over Everton gave them some hope, and it underlined just how they aren’t to be discounted. They will need to be a little better in possession, though, and not crumble in midfield to be a legitimate threat all season.
* NOTE: These predictions may be changed Nearer the Start of the match once the final starting teams have been announced and we will be running ‘In–Play’ features soon, so stay tuned.
Join Our For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,Get Cricket Betting Tips here
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.