Chelsea vs Sheffield United : Preview Team News Live Stream
Match Info: Chelsea vs Sheffield United
Venue: Stamford Bridge
Date : Saturday August 31 2019
Kick-off time: 3.00pm BST
Referee: Stuart Attwell
TV: Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Ultra HD
Live Stream: Sky Go App,BT Sport app (Sky Go is also available on PC, mobile & tablets)
NBC Sports Live, Universo Now (USA); Chelsea TV
India: Hotstar, Star Sports
Odds: Chelsea: 17/50,Draw: 4/1,Sheff Utd: 17/2
League: Premier League
Match Preview :
Chelsea finally achieved their first league victory of this season after defeating Norwich City in the dramatic encounter during the last game-week.Tammy Abraham opened his scoring for the senior side, and looks in good form. Moreover, Mason Mount and Christian Pulisic seem to gel with the team well.
Although, despite the all positives for the Blues, Chelsea will not have an easy game against Sheffield United. The newly promoted side has a great defensive setup and are hard to be defeated.
The Blades are delivering more than expected, they have only conceded three goals in the three matches they have played. If Sheffield Wednesday’s fan Jamie Vardy hadn’t given a great performance, the tally could have been far more impressive.
Chelsea vs Sheffield United Last 4 matches
March 17 2007: Chelsea 3-0 Sheffield United
October 28 2006: Sheffield United 0-2 Chelsea
May 7 1994: Chelsea 3-2 Sheffield United
November 27 1993: Sheffield United 1-0 Chelsea
Head to Head Stats and Records
|HEAD TO HEAD||LAST GAME||RECENT GAMES||LAST GAMES HOME/AWAY|
|Chelsea||Win||2 W/ 0 D / 0 L||1 W/ 0 D / 0 L|
|Sheffield United||Loss||0 W/ 0 D / 2 L||0 W/ 0 D / 1 L|
Last game between the teams: 17.03.2007 Premier League: Chelsea – Sheffield United 3:0; Andriy Shevchenko 4’, Salomon Kalou 17’, Michael Ballack 58’
Last game at this venue: 17.03.2007 Premier League: Chelsea – Sheffield United 3:0; Andriy Shevchenko 4’, Salomon Kalou 17’, Michael Ballack 58’
Chelsea vs Sheffield United Stats
|AS OF 28.08||LAST GAME||RECENT GAMES||LAST GAMES HOME/AWAY|
|Chelsea||Win||5 W/ 3 D / 2 L||2 W/ 3 D / 0 L|
|Sheffield United||Win||6 W/ 1 D / 3 L||3 W/ 1 D / 1 L|
Team News :
- Chelsea picked up their first win under Frank Lampard with an entertaining 3-2 win at Norwich thanks to two goals from Tammy Abraham.
- They picked up two injuries prior to that win as Kante and Pedro are both carrying knocks and remain doubtful for this match.
- Mason Mount came off with a knock on the calf and he will require a late fitness test but Lampard will hope he can retain his place.
- Sheff Utd slipped to their first loss of the season as Leicester edged past them but they progressed in the League Cup midweek.
- Chris Wilder used the cup match to rotate his squad and give some much-needed playing time to some of his fringe players who impressed.
- Despite the league defeat, Wilder is unlikely to make any kneejerk decisions with his selection although McBurnie could come into the side.
Chelsea likely XI
- Defenders:Azpilicueta, Christensen, Zouma, Emerson
- Midfielders:Kovacic, Jorginho, Barkley
- Forwards:Pulisic, Mount, Abraham
Sheffield United likely XI
- Defenders:Basham, Egan, O’Connell
- Midfielders:Baldock, Lundstram, Norwood, Freeman, Stevens
- Forwards:McBurnie, Robinson
Chelsea vs Sheffield United Stats
- Sheffield United have won two of their last four away matches against Chelsea
- The Blades are unbeaten in their latest 10 away games
- Under 3.5 goals have been scored in 15 of Sheffield United’s last 17 matches
- Frank Lampard finally earned his first victory as manager of Chelsea last weekend in a thrilling contest at Carrow Road, and now it’s time for the Blues legend to face off against another newly promoted club.
- Last weekend’s 3-2 win over Norwich was a stunner for the neutrals, with Norwich equalising twice against their illustrious opponents before eventually falling behind a third time to a Tammy Abraham goal 20 minutes from time. It was a much needed win for a club going through a definite transition.
- Eden Hazard’s departure left them without a talisman, and a transfer ban has resulted in them finally calling upon their huge network of loaned out talents. Mason Mount has been the standout performer, notching in his last 2 Premier League games to pick up where he left off at Derby last season. The 20 year old has now scored 7 goals in his last 15 league appearances, and considering his performances this season he looks a good price to find the net here too.
- One major concern for Lampard is now shaky Chelsea’s back line looks. They are yet to keep a clean sheet this season and have already shipped 9 goals in their 4 competitive matches. On Saturday they face a Sheffield United side that have shown they aren’t afraid of venturing forward in the top flight.
- Chris Wilder was adamant that he would continue with the playing philosophy that got The Blades promoted last season, and so far it’s been working out for them. Sheffield United have found the net in each of their 4 competitive games this season and have picked up 4 points in 3 games in the Premier League.
* NOTE: These predictions may be changed Nearer the Start of the match once the final starting teams have been announced and we will be running ‘In–Play’ features soon, so stay tuned.
Join Our For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,Get Cricket Betting Tips here
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.