Chelsea Vs Brighton Preview,Team News,Live Stream & TV Channel Info
|Match Info:||Chelsea Vs Brighton|
|Date:||Saturday September 28 2019|
|Kick-off time:||3.00pm BST|
|TV:||Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Ultra HD|
|Live Stream:||BT Sport Live,Sky Go App,BT Sport app|
|Live Stream (India)||Hotstar, Star Sports|
|Match Odds:||Chelsea- 1.40,Draw -4.40,Brighton-7.00|
|League:|| Premier League|
Match Preview :
Brighton have never scored a goal, let alone got a positive result, away to Chelsea and we do not see that changing this weekend.
The Seagulls’ 3-0 win away to Watford on the opening full day of the Premier League season is starting to be a distant memory and their only subsequent victory was against Bristol Rovers in the Carabao Cup – a competition they exited at home to Aston Villa this week.
The problem for Brighton under manager Graham Potter is the same as when Chris Hughton was in charge – they do not score enough goals and created nowhere near enough chances despite having the vast majority of possession in last week’s 0-0 draw at Newcastle.
In contrast, Chelsea are becoming great entertainers with Frank Lampard at the helm. They have been involved in several goalfests already this term and finally bagged a home win at the fifth attempt in midweek, 7-1 against Grimsby in the Carabao Cup.
For a team in transition, it is not surprising that the Blues have been conceding goals as well as scoring them and it is all part of the learning curve for their young players.
However, the Chelsea defence should not have too much to fear from Brighton, who have netted only twice in their last five league games, and this is expected to be a success of a more perfunctory nature for Lampard’s side.
Last Matches of Chelsea :
|2019-09-22||CHELSEA – LIVERPOOL||1-2|
|2019-09-14||WOLVES – CHELSEA||2-5|
|2019-08-31||CHELSEA – SHEFFIELD UTD||2-2|
|2019-08-24||NORWICH – CHELSEA||2-3|
|2019-08-18||CHELSEA – LEICESTER||1-1|
|2019-08-11||MANCHESTER UNITED – CHELSEA||4-0|
Last Matches of Brighton :
|2019-09-21||NEWCASTLE – BRIGHTON||0-0|
|2019-09-14||BRIGHTON – BURNLEY||1-1|
|2019-08-31||MANCHESTER CITY – BRIGHTON||4-0|
|2019-08-24||BRIGHTON – SOUTHAMPTON||0-2|
|2019-08-17||BRIGHTON – WEST HAM||1-1|
|2019-08-10||WATFORD – BRIGHTON||0-3|
Chelsea vs Brighton Stats
- Brighton have avoided defeat against Chelsea only twice in their 12 previous league and cup meetings
- The Seagulls have lost to nil in all of their five away matches against Chelsea
- Over 2.5 goals have been scored in five of Chelsea’s last six games
- Emerson is out until after the October international break, meaning Marcos Alonso will hold down a place at left-back until then.
- Reece James capped his return from injury with a thoroughly impressive display in Chelsea’s 7-1 win over Grimsby on Wednesday and will soon start to put real pressure on César Azpilicueta at right-back.
- Callum Hudson-Odoi also made his return in midweek but won’t be considered for a start here given the quick turnaround between matches.
- Kurt Zouma and Fikayo Tomori should be safe to start at the back, with Andreas Christensen expected to miss out through injury.
- Olivier Giroud has missed Chelsea’s last two matches through illness and in that time has dropped below Michy Batshuayi in the pecking order.
- Shane Duffy limped off against Aston Villa and scan results on his calf have revealed he will be sidelined for a number of weeks. With Leon Balogun already out injured, big money signing Adam Webster will come into the starting XI this weekend.
- Alireza Jahanbakhsh is pushing to recover in time for the weekend but Solly March will not be available until the Tottenham game. Bernardo is also unlikely to feature against Chelsea.
- Glenn Murray has trained this week and will be free to play for the away side on Saturday and summer signing Leandro Trossard is making good progress in his return from injury.
Key Stat: Burnley have won just one of their last eight Premier League away games.
Chelsea likely XI
- Goalkeeper:Kepa Arrizabalaga
- Defenders:Cesar Azpilicueta, Kurt Zouma, Fikayo Tomori, Marcos Alonso
- Midfielders:N Golo Kante, Jorginho, Matteo Kovacic
- Forwards:Willian, Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount
Brighton & Hove likely XI
- Goalkeeper:Mat Ryan
- Defenders:Adam Webster, Lewis Dunk, Dan Burn
- Midfielders:Martin Montoya, Dale Stephens, Davy Propper, Steven Alzate
- Forwards:Pascal Gross, Neil Maupay, Aaron Mooy
|Chelsea have won their last 4 matches against Brighton in all competitions.|
|Brighton have failed to score in 5 of their last 7 away matches (Premier League).|
|Chelsea have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 3 matches against Brighton in all competitions.|
|There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Chelsea‘s last 4 games (Premier League).|
|Chelsea have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches against Brighton in all competitions.|
|Chelsea have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 matches against Brighton in all competitions.|
|Brighton have failed to win 14 of their last 15 matches (Premier League).|
|Chelsea have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 4 matches (Premier League).|
- Chelsea are the big favourites coming into this game with online betting sites and its not hard to see why as the Blues have won the last ten meetings in a row across all competitions against the Seagulls. That is a run that stretches all the way back to 1967 and to make matters worse for Graham Potters men, of those eight games, they have only managed to score in two of them. That is why Chelsea to win to nil is a smart way to go with popular sportsbooks.
- The Blues may have only netted once against Liverpool last weekend, but with Tammy Abraham in their ranks, the Blues possess a striker on hot form. Lampard’s side have also netted eight goals in their last two Premier League games against sides in the bottom half swaying us to a fairly comfortable Chelsea win. Over 2.7 goals in the game is a good way to go with the Blues bagging a minimum of three.
- Frank Lampard’s outfit have been fairly quick out of the blocks this season (even if it hasn’t always resulted in the three points). Eight of the Blues 12 goals this season have come in the opening 45 minutes which perhaps goes to show that at times they can take their eye off the ball. However, as we feel Brighton will draw a blank, the only way to go in this one is to back the first half to be the highest scoring half of the game.
* NOTE: These predictions may be changed Nearer the Start of the match once the final starting teams have been announced and we will be running ‘In–Play’ features soon, so stay tuned.
Read English Premier League, Betting odds, Betting tips and Predictions for Chelsea Vs Brighton Preview,Team News,Live Stream & TV Channel Info
Join Our For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,Get Cricket Betting Tips here
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.