Burnley Vs Liverpool Preview,Team News,Live Stream
Match Info: Burnley Vs Liverpool
Venue: Turf Moor
Date : Saturday August 31 2019
Kick-off time: 17:30 (BST)
Referee: Chris Kavanagh
TV: Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Ultra HD
Live Stream: Sky Go App,BT Sport app (Sky Go is also available on PC, mobile & tablets)
India: Hotstar, Star Sports
Odds: Burnley: 35/4,Draw: 9/2,Liverpool: 3/10
League: Premier League
Match Preview :
It’s been quite the strong start for the Reds, even without injured star goalkeeper Alisson. The team is clicking in attack and looks like the early favorite to win the Premier League title, right there with Manchester City. This is a match the Reds expect to win, but going to Turf Moor can at times be a tricky trap game where they’ll hope they avoid dropping points. As long as they play quickly on the counter, they shouldn’t have much trouble.
A draw will feel like a win, and you can imagine just how great a win would feel. Burnley looked like a relegation contender entering the season, but getting off to a solid start has raised expectations. What better way to measure yourself than against the European champs?
Burnley Vs Liverpool Last Five Meetings:
|Burnley 1-3 Sunderland (28/8)||Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal (24/8)|
|Wolves 1-1 Burnley (25/8)||Southampton 1-2 Liverpool (17/8)|
|Arsenal 2-1 Burnley (17/8)||Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea *(5-4 pens) (14/8)|
|Burnley 3-0 Southampton (10/8)||Liverpool 4-1 Norwich City (9/8)|
|Burnley 2-0 Parma (3/8)||Liverpool 1-1 Manchester City (4-5 pens) (4/8)|
Matches played: 120
Burnley wins: 37
Liverpool wins: 55
Team News :
- Daniel Drinkwater made his Burnley debut in their shock 3-1 defeat in the EFL Cup to League One side Sunderland in midweek. Joe Hart also featured on Wednesday and conceded three goals from four shots on target. Neither will start here.
- Johann Gudmundsson has a minor calf injury and is unlikely to feature here, in what should be an otherwise unchanged XI from the side that drew away to Wolves last weekend.
- Aaron Lennon or Jeff Hendrick will deputize for Gudmundsson, most likely the latter.
- Joe Gomez has been tipped to replace Trent Alexander-Arnold at right-back to help deal with Burnley’s aerial threat.
James Milner could get the nod ahead of Georginio Wijnaldum to add physicality in midfield.
Burnley likely XI
- Goalkeeper:Nick Pope
- Defenders:Matt Lowton, James Tarkowski, Ben Mee, Erik Pieters
- Midfielders:Johan Berg Gudmundsson, Jack Cork, Ashley Westwood, Dwight McNeil
- Forwards:Chris Wood, Ashley Barnes
Liverpool likely XI
- Defenders:Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joel Matip, Virgil van Dijk, Andrew Robertson
- Midfielders:Jordan Henderson, Fabinho, Georginio Wijnaldum
- Forwards:Mo Salah, Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane
Burnley vs Liverpool Stats
|Liverpool have won their last 12 matches (Premier League).|
|Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in their last 12 matches (Premier League).|
|Burnley have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches against Liverpool in all competitions.|
|Liverpool have won 8 of their last 10 matches against Burnley in all competitions.|
|There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Liverpool‘s last 6 games (Premier League).|
|Liverpool have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 6 matches (Premier League).|
|Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches against Burnley in all competitions.|
- Liverpool defend the only 100 per cent record remaining in the Premier League when they travel to Burnley at the weekend.
- The Reds, looking to end a 29-year wait for the title, have clicked into gear in attack already, with Sadio Mane, Mo Salah and Roberto Firmino all opening their accounts for the new campaign.
- The Clarets have scored in all of their matches so far, with Ashley Barnes netting four of them, but they have only won once.They too have their defensive concerns, and their lack of strength in depth – highlighted by Wednesday’s defeat to Sunderland – will not ease those worries.
- Burnley proved with their win against Watford and draw with Wolves they can enjoy a much better test than last season.
- Liverpool, however, pose a very different challenge. The Reds have won eight of their ten Premier League meetings with Burnley and it would be a shock result if they did not win this one too.
* NOTE: These predictions may be changed Nearer the Start of the match once the final starting teams have been announced and we will be running ‘In–Play’ features soon, so stay tuned.
Join Our For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,Get Cricket Betting Tips here
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.