Aston Villa Vs West Ham United Preview,Team News,Live Stream
Match Info: Aston Villa Vs West Ham United
Venue: Villa Park
Date : Monday, 16th September, 2019
Kick-off time: 8pm BST
Referee: Mike Dean
TV: Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Ultra HD
Live Stream: BT Sport Live,Sky Go App,BT Sport app (Sky Go is also available on PC, mobile & tablets)
India: Hotstar, Star Sports
Odds: Aston Villa: 17/10,Draw: 12/5,West Ham: 8/5
League: Premier League
Match Preview :
Aston Villa’s sense of injustice over their defeat to Crystal Palace has been festering for a fortnight but the visit of Manuel Pellegrini’s side should give Dean Smith hope of securing a second win of the season.
West Ham are looking to make it four wins on the bounce as Manuel Pellegrini takes his Hammers to Aston Villa on Monday night.
The Hammers’ season started with a 5-0 home humiliation against Manchester City, but the east London club have settled of late with Premier League wins at Watford (3-1) and at home to Norwich City (2-0) along with a Carabao Cup saunter against Newport (2-0).
Pellegrini’s squad took shape with some key additions this summer, and games like these are exactly the sort which the Hammers will expect to be picking up three points from.
Total : 100
Aston Villa wins: 34
West Ham wins: 35
Last Matches Of ASTON VILLA:
|2019-08-31||CRYSTAL PALACE – ASTON VILLA||1-0|
|2019-08-23||ASTON VILLA – EVERTON||2-0|
|2019-08-17||ASTON VILLA – BOURNEMOUTH||1-2|
|2019-08-10||TOTTENHAM – ASTON VILLA||3-1|
Last Matches Of WEST HAM:
|2019-08-31||WEST HAM – NORWICH||2-0|
|2019-08-24||WATFORD – WEST HAM||1-3|
|2019-08-17||BRIGHTON – WEST HAM||1-1|
|2019-08-10||WEST HAM – MANCHESTER CITY||0-5|
Aston Villa vs West Ham United Stats
- Aston Villa have drawn only one of their last 20 matches
- Over 3.5 goals have been scored in just one of the last 19 games between these clubs (all of them in the Premier League)
- Both teams have scored in just one of their latest six meetings
- Aston Villa will have spent the last fortnight feeling justifiably aggrieved with the decision to disallow Henry Lansbury’s goal, after referee Kevin Friend blew his whistle before he struck the ball for what he perceived to be a dive from Jack Grealish. But the equaliser never stood, and as things stand, Villa have lost three of four games.
- They’ll be happy to return to Villa Park, where they won their last home game against Everton, under the floodlights with a very solid performance. Dean Smith could look to emulate the team that outplayed the Toffees, but he’ll have to do so without the suspended Trezeguet, with Anwar El Ghazi likely to feature in his place. There are also some doubts about the fitness of James Chester, Matt Targett and Jonathan Kodjia.
- Striker Wesley, who has one goal from four appearances so far, will continue to lead the line, with the midfield trio, but Grealish, Conor Hourihane and John McGinn non-negotiable in the centre of the pitch. McGinn scored what looked to be an important goal for Scotland over the international break, putting his national team one goal ahead against Russia, but he might return a little deflated after they went on to lose that game 2-1, followed by a 4-0 defeat for Russia, while Grealish and Tyrone Mings continue to wait for their England debuts.
- Winston Reid and Michail Antonio remain the only sidelined players to Manuel Pellegrini, who is unlikely to make changes to a team that won well against Norwich.
- Former Villa men Robert Snodgrass and Carlos Sanchez will have to make do with a place on the bench as a result, while Angelo Ogbonna should keep his place ahead of Fabian Balbuena.
Key stat: Lanzini has had more touches (283), completed more passes (174), created more chances (14) and completed more dribbles (13) than any other West Ham player in the Premier League this season.
Aston Villa likely XI
- Defenders:Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Taylor
- Midfielders:McGinn, Douglas, Grealish
- Forwards:Jota, El Ghazi, Wesley
West Ham United likely XI
- Defenders:Fredericks, Diop, Ogbonna, Masuaku
- Midfielders:Yarmolenko, Noble, Rice, Lanzini, Anderson
|Aston Villa have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 3 home matches against West Ham in all competitions.|
|The Hammers will hope to add a third victory on the spin to their tally as they aim to challenge the top-half contenders the season.|
|Aston Villa have lost just two of their last 18 home league games against West Ham (W8 D8 L2) – 1-2 in January 2006 and 0-2 in February 2014.|
|West Ham are looking to secure back-to-back league victories against Aston Villa for the first time since January 2006, having beating them 2-0 in their last meeting in February 2016.|
|Aston Villa have won just one of their last 16 Premier League games on a Monday (D5 L10), beating Sunderland 6-1 in April 2013.|
|Aston Villa have lost 15 of their last 17 Premier League matches (W1 D1 L15), including three of their four this season (W1 D0 L3).|
- Aston Villa will come into this match hoping to find some consistency in the Premier League. They are sitting in 18th place, in the drop zone, with just three points so far thanks to three losses and just one win. They did win the last time they were at home, over Everton, but that is hardly a guarantee that they will do so again here. Dean Smith has seen the club spend a lot of money on players this past summer, and that puts a lot of pressure on him to perform or risk being the next manager to be let go.
- West Ham didn’t make the start they would have wanted, but they have since rebounded in a very nice way to once again show that the Hammers are one of England’s finest roller coasters. They were beaten badly by Manchester City on the first weekend, but they have responded with a draw at Brighton and then wins over Watford and Norwich in successive weeks. Each of those teams are in 19th and 20th, so they might just feel an omen is on the cards and that they will be favored to beat another provisional relegation side here.
* NOTE: These predictions may be changed Nearer the Start of the match once the final starting teams have been announced and we will be running ‘In–Play’ features soon, so stay tuned.
Read English Premier League, Betting odds, Betting tips and Predictions for Aston Villa Vs West Ham United Preview,Team News,Live Stream
Join Our For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,Get Cricket Betting Tips here
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.