Arsenal Vs Aston Villa Preview,Team News,Live Stream
|Match Info:||Arsenal Vs Aston Villa|
|Date:||Sunday 22 September, 2019|
|Kick-off time:||4:30pm BST|
|TV:||Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Ultra HD|
|Live Stream:||BT Sport Live,Sky Go App,BT Sport app|
|Live Stream (India)||Hotstar, Star Sports|
|Match Odds:||Arsenal-1.37,Draw-4.75,Aston Villa-7.50|
|League:|| Premier League|
Match Preview :
The Arsenal faithful have been left disappointed with their squad who are without a win in their last two Premier League games. Unai Emery men have been forced to share the spoils in each of those clashes, that too by the same 2-2 scoreline.
Their previous trip on the road to Watford saw them throw away their healthy two-goal advantage while on home soil they had to fight back from behind to level the scores against Tottenham.
Aston Villa’s return to the Premier League has not gone according to plan so far. The visitors have failed to find the back of the net in each of their previous two clashes, the last of which was a frustrating stalemate at home with West Ham.
Furthermore, the away side’s only win in the league has come in one of their fixtures on home soil. With a far from impressive away record on their heads, Arsenal are the favorites to return to winning ways.
Last Matches of Arsenal :
|2019-09-15||WATFORD – ARSENAL||2-2|
|2019-09-01||ARSENAL – TOTTENHAM||2-2|
|2019-08-24||LIVERPOOL – ARSENAL||3-1|
|2019-08-17||ARSENAL – BURNLEY||2-1|
|2019-08-11||NEWCASTLE – ARSENAL||0-1|
Last Matches of Aston Villa :
|2019-09-16||ASTON VILLA – WEST HAM||0-0|
|2019-08-31||CRYSTAL PALACE – ASTON VILLA||1-0|
|2019-08-23||ASTON VILLA – EVERTON||2-0|
|2019-08-17||ASTON VILLA – BOURNEMOUTH||1-2|
|2019-08-10||TOTTENHAM – ASTON VILLA||3-1|
Total : 174
Arsenal : 74
Aston Villa : 61
Arsenal vs Aston Villa Stats
- Arsenal have won 10 of the last 12 matches between these clubs
- The Gunners have won the latest five meetings to nil
- Over 2.5 goals have been scored in 12 of Arsenal’s last 14 games
- After a man of the match showing at Frankfurt in midweek youngster Bukayo Saka will hope to come into contention for a start following last week’s poor performance from his senior colleagues at Watford.
- Joe Willock also impressed and could come back into the starting XI in the league, with Alexandre Lacazette ruled out.
- Elsewhere there is positive news as full-backs Hector Bellerin and Kieran Tierney are approaching full fitness and could soon make the matchday squad.
- Aston Villa were held to a goalless draw on Monday night against West Ham as they were unable to score for a second consecutive match.
- They welcome back Trezeguet for this game after suspension and he may come back into the side for either El Ghazi or Jota on either flank.
- Dean Smith is unlikely to make any other major changes to his team unless he decides to bring Douglas Luiz back into the team for Nakamba.
Key Stat: Pepe has completed more dribbles (19) than any other Premier League player so far this season.
Arsenal likely XI
- Goalkeeper:Bernd Leno
- Defenders:Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Sokratis Papastathopoulos, David Luiz, Sead Kolasinac
- Defensive Midfielders:Granit Xhaka, Lucas Torreira
- Attacking Midfielders:Dani Ceballos, Nicholas Pepe, Mesut Ozil
- Forwards:Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Aston Villa likely XI
- Goalkeeper:Tom Heaton
- Defenders:Ahmed El Mohamady, Bjorn Engels, Tyrone Mings, Matt Targett
- Midfielders:John McGinn, Jack Grealish, Douglas Luiz
- Forwards:Jota Peleteiro, Wesley, Anwar El Ghazi
|Arsenal have scored at least 4 goals in their last 3 home matches against Aston Villa in all competitions.|
|Arsenal have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 9 home matches against Aston Villa in all competitions.|
|There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Arsenal‘s last 4 games (Premier League).|
|Arsenal have won their last 6 matches against Aston Villa in all competitions.|
|Arsenal have kept a clean sheet in their last 5 matches against Aston Villa in all competitions.|
|There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Aston Villa‘s last 3 games (Premier League).|
|Arsenal are undefeated in 19 of their last 20 home matches (Premier League).|
|Arsenal have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches (Premier League).|
- While it was a different competition, do not underestimate the importance of Arsenal convincingly getting back to winning ways in mid-week.They have suffered an early Premier League blip but should go into this game with renewed confidence after beating Eintracht Frankfurt away.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was among the goalscorers – his fourth in three games and sixth of the season in total – to continue his good form.
- He will be the dangerman for the hosts, and if Arsenal can get a foothold in the game they then need to prove they have learned the lessons of blowing their 2-0 lead at Watford last time out.
- Villa’s own attacking form is less spectacular – no goals in their last two games proving that – but Arsenal’s defence is on the ropes after a run of poor performances.
- That will be the key battle – if Wesley can get at the centre-backs, and get on the scoresheet, Aston Villa have got a chance.But to win this game they will need to do something they failed to manage in each of their last five games against the Gunners before relegation in 2016: score.
- Based on their recent attacking performances, that is not likely. Arsenal can win, to get back to winning ways in the league, and they may get a rare clean sheet in the process too.
* NOTE: These predictions may be changed Nearer the Start of the match once the final starting teams have been announced and we will be running ‘In–Play’ features soon, so stay tuned.
Read English Premier League, Betting odds, Betting tips and Predictions for Arsenal Vs Aston Villa Preview,Team News,Live Stream
Join Our For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,Get Cricket Betting Tips here
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.