Sri Lanka is out of the World Cup Semi-Finals but, now they are performing very well. The bowling unit fully depends on Lasith Malinga. Other bowlers are totally out of form in the whole series.
India will look to win today match with high run-rate. Because if they finish the group stage in the first place then Semi-Finals will be played against NZ or PAK.
To win against India, not only must players like Perera, Fernando, Mendis, and Matthews score runs but the bowling attack also must perform better than it has so far.
A combination of injuries, poor form, and age has meant that Sri Lanka has one of the weakest bowling attacks in the tournament. The experiment of trying out Jeffrey Vandersay against the West Indies was not very successful. He ended up giving 50 runs in seven overs and could not be trusted to bowl out his overs.
Kasun Rajitha also gave away 76 runs in his ten overs. Unfortunately, there are not too many options for Sri Lanka in the squad and so they may just continue to play with the same personnel.
An inspirational performance from Lasith Malinga seems to be the best hope but India is the one country against whom he has his worst record.
Sri Lanka Team News –
- Sri Lanka are coming into this match after securing a win over Windies courtesy Avishka Fernando’s maiden ton.
- They opted for Kasun Rajitha in place of Suranga Lakmal and Jeffery Vandersay for Jeevan Mendis.
- Both went for plenty of runs which might force team management to bring in Suranga Lakmal for Rajitha.
India Team News-
- In India team, From top to bottom all are key players to watch. Our suggestion, Please pick maximum players from IND team.
- Mayank Agarwal has joined the Indian squad as a replacement for injured Vijay Shankar.
- India opted for three seamers in the last match, they could well go with the same combination once again.
Venue Stats-Headingley, Leeds
Highest Score : 351/9 Eng vs Pak (2019)
Lowest Score : 93/10 Eng vs Aus(1975)
Average Score : 273
India (at Leeds)
Played : 9
Won : 3
Lost : 6
Sri-Lanka (at Leeds)
Played : 6
Won : 3
Lost : 3
Head to Head (in ODI) :Overall :
|Matches Played||SL Won||IND Won||Tie||No Result|
In last 10 games :
India Won : 8
Sri-Lanka Won : 2
In World Cups :
Played : 8
India Won : 3
Sri-Lanka Won : 4
Tie/NR : 0/1
Teams Recent Form
SL : W L W L NR
IND : W L W W W
Sri Lanka Probable XI – Dimuth Karunaratne (C),K Perera, Avishka Fernando, K Mendis, Angelo Mathews, D De Silva, L Thirimanne,J Vamdersay, I Udana, Lasith Malinga, K Rajitha/S Lakmal(high).
India Probable XI – Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli (C), R Pant, MS Dhoni (wk), Hardik Pandya, D Kartik /R Jadeja(high), Bhuvi, Md Shami, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah
Wicket Keeper –
- Kusal Mendis (46, 21, 29 in last 3 game)
- Kusal Perera( 64 in last game )
- MSD ( Backbone of India, 52, 42, 35 in last 3 games)
- Rohit Sharma (IND): Undoubtedly, the star of the World Cup for Team India has to be Rohit Sharma. His stunning form up the order will be vital once again as India look to post a big score or chase what’s put in front of them.
- Avishka Fernando (SRL): A real wild card at times, Avishka Fernando is the young and swashbuckling batsman you just love to see score runs. Now that he has big runs under his belt, he will be full of confidence heading into this one.
- Virat Kohli ( Best Batsman in the world, no discussion needed, 82, 77, 67, 72, 66 in last 5 of 6 games)
- Dimuth Karunaratne( 4 fiftees in last 8 innings,32 last game)
- Angelo Mathews( Very experienced, 85 against England , Averages 51 against India)
- KL ( Talented batsman, 77 in last game,Performing consistently)
- Lahiru Thirimanne ( Lower middle order, 45 in last game)
- Hardik Pandya ( Clean hitter of the ball, very attacking batsman + decent pacer, 3 wickets in last game)
- Dhanajaya de silva( good allrounder)
- Shami is the leading wicket-taker for India in this World Cup with 14 scalps to his name.
- Bumrah who got a 5-fer in the last match against Bangladesh has now 14 scalps to his name in this World Cup.
- Malinga ( Must have, best bowler of Sri lanka , 3 wickets last game, death over specialist )
- Y Chahal ( In best form of his life, his bowling strike rate this year is 24, 11 wickets this WC)
- Udana( Left arm Pacer, death overs specialist, handy batsman)
- Suranga Lakmal( Depends on swing, very good bowler, risky )