Pakistan have been at their un predictable best. After being thrashed by the West Indies, they bounced back in style against hosts England and again lost their last game against Australia by 41 runs and India by 89 runs.
– Pakistan have won just 1 game out if 5 while 1 game was washed out by rain. Currently they are at 9th position in Point’s table and are in a do or die situation now.
– They will have to take serious decisions in this match regarding the players. Shoaib Malik will definitely be out of the XI and Haris Sohail will replace him. On the other hand Out of form Hasan Ali will make way for young M Hasnain. Also Any 1 of Asif / imad Wasim Will play.
– Fakhar Zaman and Imam-ul-haq will open the innings for Pakistan. Fakhar is a very attacking batsman while Imam is technically very strong. Both averages around 50 when batting together. They both haven’t scored any runs this WC at the top and is another concern for the Pakistan team. Fakar Scored 62 in last game.
– Ever Reliable Babar Azam will bat at 1 down. He is among the top 5 present ODI batsman. He scored 3 centuries in last 9 innings he played and is in very good form. He has scored 4 50+ scores in last 5 innings. He scored 48 against India.
– Mohammad Hafeez will bat at no 4. The professor is in very good form with both bat and bowl. He will the key for Pakistan woth both bat and bowl.
– Haris Sohail will bat at 5. He is among the best pakistani batsman at the moment. But haven’t got much chances to bat. The left handed batsman averages 46 with 2 tons and 10 50s in ODI cricket. He can also bowl some overs.
– Sarfaraz Ahmed is expected to bat at 5. He is a very good technically strong batsman. He will be the key for Pakistan in middle order. He has 2 50s this WC.
– Imad Wasin / Asif Ali will bat next. Imad played a attacking 48 in last game. Asif is a very attacking batsman and is a ckean hitter of the ball. If the condition favours the spin Imad will be preferred.
– Shadab Khan will lead the spin attack of the team. He is a very good leg spinner. Mohammed Hafeez and Imad (if plays) will assist him .
– Hasan Ali/M Hasnain(very high), Mohammed Amir and Wahab Riaz will lead the Pace attack of the team. Amir and Wahab both has been brilliant after their comeback in team. Amir took a 5-fer against Australia and 3 wickets against India. He has taken 13 wickets in this WC still now. M Hasnain has very high chances to play today.
South Africa –
The South African team is Virtually Out of the WC now. Even if they win all their remaining games its very difficult for them to make it to the semis.
– It has been that sort of a tournament for them where nothing seems to be going right. In all the three games that they have played thus far, batting has been a massive let down for the Proteas. None of the players has been able to take responsibility and get the big scores.
– From their 6 matches they just won 1 match that too against a weaker side Afghanistan. They lost a hard fought match against New Zealand in last game.
– No Changes are expected in the team.
– For South Africa QdK and Hashim Amla will open the innings. De Kock has been one of the most consistent players for South Africa in the recent past. While Amla has not been performing consistently, He got some runs finally in last game in which he scored 55 in 83 balls.
– Captain Faf du Plessis will bat at 1 down. He is team’s most reliable player scoring 565 runs this year. He haven’t played a big innings this World Cup and this also is big reason for team’s such a bad performance.
– Aiden Markram will bat at 2 down. He has been consistent performer at the domestic level,but haven’t performed according to his calibre. He scored 38 in last game.
– Rassie van der Dussen will bat at no 5. Dussen is a very good young talented batsman. Dussen scored a 67 in last game. He averages 76 in ODI cricket and have made 533 runs in just 15 innings.
– David Miller will bat at no 6. He is a very attacking batsman and can tear any opposition on his day. He got good starts but failed to convert them, he can change the match anytime on his day. He scored run a ball 35 runs in last game.
– Andile Phehlukwayo will bat next. He is a very good allrounder. Chris Morris will follow him and both will do the all rounding duties. Phehlukwayo took 1 while Morris took 3 wickets in last game. Both the All-Rounders are only the positive for SA this WC.
– Imran tahir will lead the spin attack of team. He will be the lone spinner in the team. Tahir is a world class leg spinner. He took 4 wickets against Afghanistan.
– Kagiso Rabada and Lungi Ngidi will lead the pace attack. Rabada is the best ODI bowler.He can bowl with new ball, in middle, in death overs anywhere and is most important player of South Africa. He and Ngidi has taken 53 wickets bowling together this year.
The Number’s Game-
Head to Head –
Matches played: 78
Won by Pak: 27
Won by SA: 50
Head to Head in World Cup –
Matches played: 4
Pak wins: 1
SA win: 3
Lord’s Pitch Report-
The Lord’s wicket in London is a true batting surface. In the last five games played here, three-time 300+ total has been set. However, the seamers can get a little bit of assistance from the surface early on.
Average first innings score: 237
Average second innings score: 217
Highest total: 334/4 (60 Ov) by ENG vs IND
Lowest total: 107/10 (32.1 Ov) by RSA vs ENG
Head to Head (in ODI) :Overall :
Played : 78
Pak Won : 27
SA Won : 50
NR : 1
In last 10 games :
Played : 10
Pak Won : 6
SA Won : 4
In World Cups :
Played : 4
Pak Won : 1
SA Won : 3
Probable XI –Imam-ul-Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Sarfaraz Ahmed (C & wk), Haris Sobail, Asif Ali/ Imad Wasim, M Hasnain , Shadab Khan, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Amir.
Probable XI –Quinton de Kock, Hashim Amla, Aiden Markram, Faf, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Andile Phehlukwayo, Chris Morris, Kagiso Rabada, Imran Tahir, Lungi Ngidi.
1] QdK( Best batsman of SA, consistent, best option in WK, 68 against Afg, Must have)
2] Sarfraz Ahmed ( Technically strong batsman, Very good record in England, 55 and 46 in last 2 of 3 games)
1] Babar Azam( Backbone of Pakistani batting, 2 centuries against England in last series, 4 50+ scored in last 6 games)
2] Faf Du Plessis ( Consistent and most important player of team, Best choice in batting section among SA)
3] Hashim Amla( Experienced, Going through very bad form, 53 in last game but very slow)
4] Rassie van der Dussen (Averages stunning 79 this year + 533 runs in 15 innings , 67 in last game, middle order, very good young talent)
5] Aiden Markram ( Attacking talented batsman, Very good credit saver in this match and will bat at 1 down)
6] Imam ul haq( technically strong batsman,151 against England last series, not scoring runs recently )
7] Fakhar Zamam( Hit or miss type, opener)
8] Asif Ali( Attacking batsman, risky )
1] Mohammed Hafeez( Middle order+ part time off spin, Match winning 84 against Eng + 1 wicket, )
2] Chris Morris( Attacking bats + very good bowler, 6 wickets in last 2 games)
3] Andile Phehlukwayo ( Good hitter of the ball + wicket taker, MUST HAVE)
1] Kagiso Rabada(1 wickets in last game, 18 wicket this year from 12 innings, Among top ODI bowlers currently, death over specialist )
2] Mohammed Amir( A lot of Experience with him, 5 wicket haul against Australia, 13 wickets in this WC in just 4 innings)
3] Lungi Ngidi( 1 wicket in last game, very good bowler, wicket taker)
4] Imran Tahir( Leggie, wicket taker, 4 wickets against Afg)
5] Wahab Riaz( impact bowler, wicket taker, 5 wickets this WC still now)
6] Shadab Khan ( Leggie, Pakistan most important bowler, can bat also)