India vs New Zealand 1st Semi Final BluePrint ICC Cricket World Cup
The lengthy league stage of ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 is over and it has now come down to just four teams – India, Australia, England and New Zealand. Two of them – India and New Zealand will lock horns at Emirates Old Trafford in Manchester to book a place in the final on Tuesday.
India’s top-order is in supreme form. Rohit Sharma has hit a record-breaking five centuries in this edition of the World Cup, including three in a row. Lokesh Rahul also managed to score a century and the pair did not leave much for the rest of the players to do. Lokesh Rahul has filled that spot up quite well.
All the teams playing India will see an opportunity to exploit after that top-3.New Zealand might go back to Colin Munro in the semi-final instead of Henry Nicholls. Munro has the ability to make more of an impact and may be worth taking the risk over.
The best way for New Zealand to play this match is to attack. They have the batsmen to take the game to batsmen and bat around Kane Williamson. A lot of things need to go right in terms of weather conditions, player performance, and toss for New Zealand to be able to win this match.
India Team News –
- India have done some experiments in their line-up in the last two matches.
- M Shami and Chahal are sure to return into the playing XI. Chahal will replace Kuldeep while M Shami will replace any 1 of D Karthik /B Kumar.
- No other Changes Expected.
New Zealand Team News-
- New Zealand who started with a bang have now suddenly lost 3 matches on the bounce.
- They might bring back Colin Munro at the top order once again replacing Henry Nicholls.
- Tom Latham not justifying his place in the eleven, He might get replaced by Tom Blundell.
- After being ruled out from the match against England due to a hamstring injury, Lockie Ferguson is fit to feature in this encounter.
- Lockie Ferguson will be replacing one-off Tim Southee or Matt Henry in the eleven.
The Number’s Game
Highest Total : 397/6 Eng vs Afg (2019)
Lowest Total : 45 Can vs Eng (1979)
Average Score : 228(last 10 games)
Total Matches : 50
Won Batting 1st : 23
Won Bowling 1st : 27
India ( at Manchester ) –
Played : 10
Won : 5
Lost : 5
New Zealand ( at Manchester ) –
Played : 7
Won : 2
Lost : 4
NR : 1
Rohit Sharma vs Trent boult(88-136-4)
Virat kohli vs Tim Southee(188-179-5)
Hardik Pandya vs Trent boult(32-35-3)
MS Dhoni vs Mitchell Santner(54-95-1)
New Zealand (Runs-Balls-Out)
Martin Guptill vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar (130-151-4)
Colin Munro vs Mohammed Shami (8-15-3)
Kane Williamson vs Mohammed Shami (71-91-2)
Ross Taylor vs Mohammed Shami (55-61-4)
Tom Latham vs Yuzvendra Chahal (99-95-3)
- India have won 7 of their last 10 completed ODI matches.
- They have beaten Sri Lanka in their last match
- KL Rahul was the top scorer and bumrah was the top bowler
- New Zealand have won 5 of their last 10 completed ODI matches.
- They lost their previous games simultaneously
Head to Head (in ODI) :Overall :
|Matches Played||Ind Won||NZ Won||Tie||No Result|
Read Team Previews, Betting odds, Betting tips and Predictions for India vs New Zealand 1st Semi Final BluePrint ICC Cricket World Cup
In last 10 games :
NZ Won : 2
NR : 1
In World Cups :
Played – 8
India – 3
New Zealand – 4
No Result– 1
Teams Recent Form
NZ : L L L W W
India Probable XI –Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli (C), R Pant, MS Dhoni (wk), Hardik Pandya, R Jadeja, Bhuvi/D Kartik , Md Shami, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah
New Zealand Probable XI – Martin Guptill, Henry Nicholls/C Munro , Kane Williamson,Ross Taylor, Tom Latham, Jimmy Neesham, Colin de Grandhomme, Mitchell Santner, Trent Boult, Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry.
Wicket Keeper –
- MSD ( Backbone of India,52, 42, 35 in last 3 of 4 games)
- Tom Latham ( Very Good player of spin, 57 runs in last game)
- Rishabh Pant( Most attacking Indian batsmen)
- Virat Kohli ( Best Batsman in the world)
- Rohit Sharma (He is in his Prime form, 5 centuries and Two 50s WC, 103 last game)
- Kane Williamson (Among the top 5 best ODI players, bowling some overs)
- Ross Taylor( 851 runs this year for NZ, highest runs scorer against England, 28 last game)
- Martin Guptill( Excellent hitter of the ball, attacking 73 in 1st game but failed after that, Not in good form )
- Henry Nicholls ( Technically strong batsman, opener)
- KL Rahul ( Talented batsman, 111 in last game,looking in good form)
- Hardik Pandya ( Clean hitter of the ball, very attacking batsman + decent pacer, 4 wickets in last 2 games)
- James Neesham( Explosive batsman + good bowler, 97 against Pakistan, 2 wickets last game)
- CDG ( Decent All-rounder, Relies on swing + Attacking batsman)
- Mitchell Santner ( Left arm orthodox, Lower order batting + very good spinner)
- Jasprit Bumrah ( Best bowler in the world, Death over specialist, 3 wickets in last game, 17 wickets this)
- Y Chahal ( In best form of his life, his bowling strike rate this year is 21, 17 wickets this WC)
- Mohammed Shami ( 33 wickets this year in 14 matches, very good form,14 wickets this WC in just 4 games)
- Trent Boult( Best bowler of NZ, relies on swing, 2 wickets in last game,15 wickets for NZ this WC)
- L Ferguson ( Pace, bowls upto 150ks, bowling with very high pace and bounce, 17 wickets this WC)
- Matt Henry( Very good bowler with good pace, 1 wicket last game )