India’s unbeaten streak at the World Cup 2019 came to end when England defeated them by 31 runs on Sunday. They are at number two on points table but they are still not qualifies officialy for semi-finals of World Cup. India have to win atleast one of their remaining matches to qualify officialy for world cup semi-finals.
On the other hand Bangladesh are at no.6 at points table and they have to win all of their remaining 2 matches to qualify for ICC Cricket World Cup semi-finals. Lets see which team will win this match as it is a do-or-die match for bangladesh while for india this match is important because it will take them to semi-finals.
The encounter will be played at Edgbaston in Birmingham as it is likely that game will happen on the same pitch which was used in the last game.
In the batting department, the team will be relying on the likes of captain Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and experienced MS Dhoni to score bulk of the runs, whereas on the bowling front, the onus will be on pacers Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammad Shami, and Yuzvendra Chahal to produce timely breakthroughs. On the other hand, for Bangladesh, the limelight will once again be Shakib Al Hasan, who has been in prime touch ever since he has touched England.
Bangladesh Team News –
- Tamim Iqbal backed his form but struggling to convert it big. He scored only one half-century in this World Cup so far.
- Liton Das promoted in the last match due to a brilliant performance. But his probability against Indian bowlers is very less.
- No other changes are expected,Shakib Al Hasan and Mohammad Saifuddin starring with bat and ball respectively.
India Team News-
- Expect Shami to play yet again despite Bhuvneshwar Kumar being fit.
- Vijay Shankar ruled out of tournament due to toe niggle and Mayank agarwal is likely to replace him.
- The form of Kedhar Jadhav is also a cause for concern he might get Replaced by DK or Jadeja
- No more changes are expected .
The Number’s Game
|Matches won batting first||25|
|Matches won bowling first||29|
|Average 1st Inns scores||229|
|Average 2nd Inns scores||183|
|Highest total recorded||408/9 (50 Ov) by ENG vs NZ|
|Lowest total recorded||70/10 (25.2 Ov) by AUS vs ENG|
|Highest score chased||280/4 (53.3 Ov) by AUS vs ENG|
|Lowest score defended||129/7 (20 Ov) by IND vs ENG|
- Ravindra Jadeja Has taken 9 wickets in 5 games at Edgbaston.
- Rohit Sharma has scored 343 runs at Edgbaston in seven innings at an average of 96.6 with two centuries and as many fifties.
- Virat Kohli averages of 81.75 in ODIs against Bangladesh his best average in this format against any team.
- Virat Kohli scored 654 runs in 11 ODI innings against them with three centuries and three fifties.
- Mashrafe Mortaza has picked only one wicket in this World Cup at an average of 279.
- Shakib Al Hasan has scored 476 runs alongside picking up ten wickets in this World Cup,Shakib has taken 10+ wickets and scored over 400 runs in a single edition of CWC
Head to Head (in ODI) :Overall :
|Matches Played||BAN Won||IND Won||Tie||No Result|
In last 5 games :
IND: L, W, W, W, NR
BAN: W, L, W, NR, L
In World Cups :
Total Matches– 3
Bangladesh Probable XI –Tamim Iqbal, Soumya Sarkar, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim(wk), Liton Das, Mahmudullah, Mohammad Saifuddin, Hasan Miraz Mehidy, Mashrafe Mortaza and Mustafizur Rahman
India Probable XI –Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli (C), R Pant, MS Dhoni (wk), Hardik Pandya, Kedar Jadhav/R Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav/Bhuvi(high), Md Shami, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah
Wicket Keeper –
Mushfiqur Rahim is decent options to be picked for this game he has done justice to his reputation with 327 runs in six games.
MS Dhoni is also a viable alternative if the balance of the side suffices.
Rishabh Pant has only played one game in this World Cup.
BATSMEN – UPDATING SOON
Virat Kohli ( Best Batsman in the world 82, 77, 67, 72, 66 in last 5 games)
Rohit Sharma (Attacking batsman, Very good form, 3 centuries and 2 50s this WC, 102 last game)
Tamim Iqbal ( Best batsman of Bangladesh, 48, 62, 36 in last 3 games)
Mahmudullah ( Very good middle order batsman, experienced)
KL ( Talented batsman, 100 in warm up game against Ban, Looking out of form)
Soumya Sarkar( Opener + part time pacer, attacking batsman + in very good form, 3 wickets against Australia )
Shakib Al Hasan( Best Allrounder in world, 476 runs this WC including 2 century & Three 50s, 51 + 5 wicket last game)
Hardik Pandya ( Clean hitter of the ball, very attacking batsman + decent pacer
Mosaddek Hossain ( Attacking batsman+ part time spin)
Jasprit Bumrah (Death over specialist, 1 wicket in last game )
Y Chahal ( In best form of his life, his bowling strike rate this year is 24, 10 wickets this WC)
Kuldeep (Chinnaman bowle)
M Mortaza ( Experienced bowler, not in good form)
M Rahman( 2 wickets last game, death over specialist)
Md Saiffudin ( Good young bowler + Attacking batsman)
Mehdi Hasan ( Off spinner, Wicket taker + very good batsman, 5 wickets this WC )
Mohammed Shami ( 32 wickets this year in 13 matches, very good form, 5 wickets in last game,13 wickets this WC in just 3 games But not a Death Over Specailist)