Australia vs England 2nd Semi Final BluePrint ICC Cricket World Cup
Australia lost the last game against South Africa which meant they slipped to No.2 as India overtook. Earlier, they were slated to meet New Zealand in Manchester but instead, they’ll now face the hosts. While England has a daunting batting line-up, Australia has been there in such big games on plenty of occasions. They know how to win pressure games and this is where the England will be tested.
In a high-pressure game, runs on the board make a huge difference. Chasing a target is never easy in knockout matches. Also, the teams that have batted first, have won most of the matches in this tournament. Batting second gets tougher as the pitches slow down.
- Momentum is with England who are coming off two successive wins while Australia suffered defeat in their last match.
- Australia have the psychological advantage of having crushed England when the two teams faced-off earlier in the tournament.
- England have beaten Australia six times in their last seven ODI meetings and on the previous three occasions at this ground.
Australia Team News –
- Australia have been struck hard by a couple of injury blows.
- Usman Khawaja has been ruled out of the remainder of the World Cup due to the hamstring injury. M Wade replaced him.
- Peter Handscomb will come Directly into the playing eleven.
- Peter Handscomb is set to play his 1st WC2019 game today and will bat at no 4. While team still has a lot of faith in Maxwell he will play as a floater in team.
England Team News-
- England do not have any injury issues to deal with ahead of this semi-final clash as all their players seem to be physically fit.
- However if there will be no grass on the pitch Moeen Ali can play in place of Liam Plunkett.
The Number’s Game
Highest Total : 408/9 Eng vs NZ(2015)
Lowest Total : 70/10 Aus vs Eng
Average Score : 259
Total Matches Played : 55
Won Batting 1st : 26
Won Batting 2nd : 29
Australia ( at Edgbaston) –
Played : 15
Won : 4
Lost : 6
Tie/NR : 1/4
England ( at Edgbaston) –
Played : 39
Won : 23
Lost : 13
NR : 3
Jason Roy vs Mitchell Starc (137-109-4)
Jonny Bairstow vs Mitchell Starc (41-37-2)
Joe Root vs Pat Cummins (32-58-3)
Eoin Morgan vs Pat Cummins(92-124-4)
Jos Buttler vs Mitchell Starc (56-58-1)
Aaron Finch vs Adil Rashid (120-112-4)
David Warner vs Ben stokes (34-3-1)
Glen Maxwell vs Ben stokes (20-32-2)
Steven Smith vs Mark wood(19-39-3)
Edgbaston Birmingham Pitch Stats
- There are only 11 matches happened here
- Average first inning score is 259
- 300 have been scored here over 4 times
- 5 out of 10 have been won by batting second
- England have won 8 of their last 10 ODI’s
- They lost their last game to Australia in same world cup but won against NZ in previous match
- Australia have won 9 of their last 10 ODI’s
- They won the last match between them but lost to SA
Head to Head (in ODI) :Overall :
|Matches Played||Eng Won||Aus Won||Tie||No Result|
Read Team Previews, Betting odds, Betting tips and Predictions for Australia vs England 2nd Semi Final BluePrint ICC Cricket World Cup
In last 10 games :
Aus Won : 2
Eng Won : 8
In World Cups :
Played : 8
Aus Won : 6
Eng Won : 2
Teams Recent Form
ENG : W W L L W
AUS : L W W W W
Australia Probable XI –David Warner, Aaron Finch (C), Steve Smith, P Handscomb, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis , Alex Carey, N Lyon, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, J Behrendorff
England Probable XI –J Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan (C), Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler (wk), Chris Woakes, Jofra Archer, Liam Plunkett/Moeen Ali, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood.
Wicket Keeper –
- Jos Buttler( One of the best batsman around)
- Jonny Bairstow ( Best explosive opener, 111, 106 runs in last 2 games)
- Alex Carey( Attacking batsman, very consistent this WC, 71, 85 in last 2 game)
- Peter Handscomb( His First Wc Game)
- Warner( No need to tell about him, attacking batsman, 638 runs this WC)
- Steve Smith( Best batsman in this era, Haven’t got much chance to bat from last few games)
- Aaron Finch( Attacking batsman, 82, 153,51, 101 in last 4 of 6 games)
- Eoin Morgan( Highest scorer of England this year, Only 1 big innings of 148 this WC,42 last game)
- Joe Root( Pillar of England batting, 100+2, 88, 57 in last 3 of 5 games)
- Jason Roy (Attacking batsman)
- Ben Stokes( Considered among the top All-Rounders around)
- Glenn Maxwell ( Explosive batsmen+ will bowl 5-6 overs)
- Marcus Stoinis ( Technically strong bat + decent pacer, Wicket taker)
- Patt Cummins ( Best Australian bowler from 2018, 30 wickets this year in just 14 matches, 13 wickets in 9 games this WC)
- Mitchell Starc( Known for his pace and yorkers, 5-fer last game , 26 wickets this WC, Impact bowler, death specialist)
- Aadil Rashid( 43 wickets last year and 21 this year, Leggie, 8 wickets this WC)
- Chris Woakes(Relies on swing, very good bowler + handy batsman, 1 wicket in last game)
- Jofra Archer( Relies on pace and line length )
- Liam Plunkett( highest wicket taker for England in middle overs since 2017)
- Mark Wood( Good pace and bounce, wicket taker,16 wickets this WC, 3 wicket last game)
- Jason Behrendorff ( brilliant 5-fer in game against England, 1 wickets last game)