– It has been a brilliant campaign so far for the defending champions in the ICC World Cup 2019. Apart from the clash against the Indian team, they have won all their games. From 4 wins in 5 games. Winning this game will take them to top of the points table.
– Aussies won their last game pretty comfortably by 87 runs.
– Marcus Stoinis who missed last 2 matches due to injury is declared fit and is all set to play this game. He will replace Shaun Marsh.
– As Stoinis will play this match team will bring a spinner into the XI. Any 1 of Lyon/ Zampa will play this match. Lyon has high chances due to top 3 of bangladeshi batsman being Left-handed.
– Skipper Aaron Finch and David Warner will open the innings. Both are very attacking batsman. Finch is looking good this world cup and scored a massive 153 runs in just 132 balls. David Warner scored a brilliant 107 in last 2nd game. Both the openers are looking in very good form.
– Former Skipper Steven Smith will bat at 1 down. He is one of the best batsman around. He played a good innings of 69 against India and 73 in last game against SL.
– Usman Khawaja will bat at 2 down. He is great form coming to this world cup. He is the highest ODI scorer this year with 867 runs in just 18 matches but is looking out of form this WC.
– Glenn Maxwell will bat at 5. Best option a team can have at 5. Plays very attacking cricket and also can bowl some overs. Can be promoted anytime for his big hitting. He played a attacking knock of 45 of just 25 balls.
– Marcus Stoinis will bat next. He didn’t play the last 2 games but is fit and ready to go with his All Rounding duties. He is a decent bowler and a very good batsman.
– WK Alex Carey will bat at 7. He is a very talented youngster and played 2 good knocks of 45 and 55 in last 3 games.
– Leggie Adam Zampa/ Nathan Lyon will lead the spin of team. Zampa took 4 wickets in 3 games this WC. Lyon is known for his tight line and length and has very high chances to play today.
– Pat Cummins and M Starc will lead the pace of team while Any 1 of Kane Richardson/ J Behrendorff will assist them. Cummins have been excellent in the tournament thus far.He picked up 8 wickets in the last 4 games including a three-wicket haul against Pakistan. Starc took 4, Richardson took 3 while Cummins took 2 wickets in last game against SL.
– Bangladesh won one of the best matches in World cup history in last game by chasing a huge target of 322 in just 42 overs. The hero of the match was Shakib – al – hasan who won the match for his team with an unbeatan 124 runs.
– Soumya Sarkar and Tamim Iqbal will open the innings. Both are very good batsman.Saumya sarkar is in good form from the last series . Tamim failed in all 3 matches and is finally back to form after his 48 in last game.
– Shakib- Al – Hasan will bat at 1 down. He is the hole and sole of the team. He is in form of his life with the bat. He is excellent batsman and a very good bowler. He is the highest scorer of WC 2019 with 384 runs including 2 big hundred and 2 50s. He scored 124 runs in last game.
– Wicket Keeper batsman Mushfiqur Rahim will bat at 2 down. Mushfiqur Rahim brings heaps of experience with him. He scored a brilliant 78 in 1st game and 44 against England. Team will rely on him and shakib a lot in the middle.
– Liton Das will bat next at 4. He sealed his spot at this position by a brilliant match winning knock of 94 of just 69 balls. He is a very attacking player.
– Mahmaddulah will bat next at 6. He is a very attacking batsman and also a good part time bowler. But he is not bowling from last few matches.
– Mosaddek Hossain will bat next and do the late hitting duties. He will also bowl some overs. He took 2 wickets against NZ. He scored attacking 26 against NZ.
– Mohammad Saifuddin will bat next, he played some good cameos batting at 8. He took 9 wickets in 5 matches and is among top 5 wicket takers this WC.
– Mehdi Hasan and Shakib Al Hasan will lead the spin of team. Mehdi is also a decent batsman. Shakib took2 wickets in last game.
– Mashrafe Mortaza, Mustafizur Rahman and Mohammed Saiffudinwill lead the pace attack of team. The concern for Banglandesh will be the form of their Captain Mortaza who still now haven’t been able to pick wickets as he usually does. Both Fizzand Saifuddin took3 wickets each in last game.
The Number’s Game-
Head to Head in ODIs-
Total – 20
Bangladesh – 01
Australia – 18
Head to Head on Neutral Venues-
Total – 08
Australia – 06
Bangladesh – 01
No result – 01
Head to Head in World Cup –
Total – 03
Australia – 02
Bangladesh – 00
No result – 01
The average first innings score at Nottingham is 252. And, in the past three games played here, two games witnessed the total in excess of 270 while the one between Windies and Pakistan was a low scoring encounter. So, clearly, batting looks a bit easier here.
Pacers can get some help early on as some showers are forecasted at the start of the game.
Avg 1st inn score: 252
Avg 2nd inn score: 220
Highest Total: 481/6 (50 Ov) by ENG vs AUS
Average Score : 291
-Highest Total: 481/6 (50 Ov) by Eng vs AUS
-Lowest Total: 83/10 (23 Ov) by RSA vs Eng
-Highest Chased: 350/3 (44 Ov) by Eng vs NZ
-Lowest Defended: 195/9 (50 Ov) by WI vs Eng.
Head to Head (in ODI) :Overall :
Matches Played : 20
Aus Won : 18
Ban Won : 01
NR : 1
In last 10 games :
Aus Won : 9
Ban Won : 0
NR : 1
In World Cups :
Matches Played : 2
Aus Won : 2
Ban Won : 0
– Only once have Bangladesh defeated Australia in an ODI that by 5 wickets during the 2005 Cardiff ODI. Australia won 18 of the 20 meetings.
– Shaun Marsh and Steven Smith are the only current Australian players to have featured in a completed ODI against Bangladesh.
– Shakib has a batting average of 59.68 in ODI cricket while batting at No.3. He scored 955 runs in 19 innings at this position with help of two hundreds and eight half-centuries
– Pat Cummins is the leading wicket-taker in ODIs in 2019 with 28 wickets from 11 matches.
-Starc has claimed 35 wickets across 13 matches he has played in the World Cup
Australia Probable XI –David Warner, Aaron Finch (C), Usman Khawaja, Steve Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis , Alex Carey (WK), Adam Zampa /Nathan Lyon , Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Kane Richardson /Jason Behrendorff
Bangladesh Probable XI –Tamim Iqbal, Soumya Sarkar, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Liton Das , Mahmudullah, Mosaddek Hossain, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mehdi Hasan, Mashrafe Mortaza (C), Mustafizur Rahman
Mushfiqur Rahim( Technically very strong batsman, a very good innings of 78 in 1st game)
A Carey( Bats very low, attacking 55 in game against India)
Liton Das( Middle order, attacking 94 in last game, very good at 8cr)
D Warner( No need to tell about him, attacking batsman, 281 runs tbis WC at 79)
S Smith( Best batsman in this era, 73 in last WC game )
A Finch( Looking in his prime form, attacking 82, 153 alst 2 innings)
Tamim Iqbal ( Best batsman of Bangladesh, 48 last game, Averages only 29 this year)
Mahmudullah ( Very good middle order batsman, experienced)
Soumya Sarkar( Opener + part time pacer, attacking batsman + in very good form)
U Khawaja( Technically strong player, Highest ODI scorer this year with 867 runs in just 18 matches)
Shakib Al Hasan( No discussion, best allrounder in world, 383 runs this WC including 2 century and 2 50s)
Glenn Maxwell ( Is in very good form, explosive batting + will bowl 5-6 overs )
Mosaddek Hossain ( Attacking batsman+ part time spin, lower middle order, 2 wickets against NZ)
P Cummins ( Best aussie bowler from 2018, 28 wickets this year in just 11 matches, 11 wickets in 5 games this WC, Must have, default choice in bowling section )
Mitchell Starc( Known for his pace and yorkers, 5-fer against Windies , 13 wickets this WC, Impact bowler, death specialist )
Mashrafe Mortaza ( Experienced bowler, not in good form)
Mustafizur Rahman( 3 wickets in last game, death over specialist, 5 wicket haul against WI in last series)
Mhd Saiffudin ( Good young bowler + attacking batsman, 9 wickets in 5 games, bowls in death overs )
Mehdi Hasan ( Off spinner, Wicket taker + very good batsman, 5 wickets this WC in 3 games)
Adam Zampa( leggie, Wicket taker, Expected to play today)