Afghanistan have lost all eight matches at this tournament so far, while West Indies are just one place ahead of them with one win and six defeats (plus one no result). The Headingley wicket has definitely offered something to bowlers early on so far at this World Cup, and the temptation will be to bowl first – something West Indies made good use of in their only win so far.
- Qualifiers Afghanistan and West Indies end their disappointing 2019 Cricket World Cup campaigns against each other at Headingley.
- Afghanistan have lost all eight matches at this tournament so far, while West Indies are just one place ahead of them with one win and six defeats (plus one no result).
- Afghanistan beat West Indies twice during last year’s World Cup qualifier, however, as both teams booked their place in this tournament.
Afghanistan Team News –
- Hamid Hasan suffered a hamstring injury against Pakistan, bringing an end to his international career.
- Dawlat Zardan is likely to replace him.
- Afghanistan team can make many changes in this game as this is their final game. They can replace S Shirzad with Hamid Hasan. Team can also bring back H Zazai in place of S Shinwari.
West Indies Team News-
- Sunil Ambris has replaced Russell in the squad and could retain his place in the final fixture too.
- Shannon Gabriel has been expensive, sp Kemar Roach could return in place of him.
- Evin Lewis has some chance of replacing Opener Sunil Ambris if he gets fit. Chances are very Less
The Number’s Game
Highest Score : 351/9 Eng vs Pak (2019)
Lowest Score : 93/10 Eng vs Aus(1975)
Average Score : 273
Afghanistan (at Leeds)
Played : 1
Won : 0
Lost : 1
Windies (at Leeds)
Played : 5
Won : 2
Lost : 3
|Batting First Won||16|
|Batting Second Won||24|
Head to Head (in ODI) :Overall :
|Matches Played||AFG Won||WI Won||Tie||No Result|
Teams Recent Form
AFG : L, L, L, L, L
Afghanistan Probable XI – Gulbadin Naib, Rahmat Shah, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Asghar Afghan, Mohammad Nabi, Ikram Ali Khil (wk), S Shinwari/H Zazai, N Zadran, Rashid Khan, S Shirzad/Dawlat Zadran,Mujeeb.
West Indies Probable XI – Chris Gayle, Evin Lewis/S Ambris, Shai Hope (wk), Nicholas Pooran, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder (C), Carlos Brathwaite, F Allen, Oshane Thomas, Kemar Roach/S Gabriel , Sheldon Cottrell
Wicket Keeper –
- S Hope ( Not in good form)
- Nicolas Pooran has scored maximum for his side. In 7 innings, he has scored 309 runs at an average of 51.50. He was exceptional in the last game and would continue playing like this.
- Ikram Ali ( Not played much international cricket)
- Chris Gayle has notched 235 runs in 7 innings and he would be willing to score a hundred in his last game at the World Cup. He would not show any mercy to the Afghan bowlers and would end his career on a good note.
- Najibullah Zardan has scored 199 runs in 7 innings at an average of 28.42 with highest being 51 runs.
- S Hetmyer (Hard hitting talent, Can change course of match on his own)
- Rahmat Shah( best batsman of Afghanistan, good knocks of 41,46, 37, 35 this WC)
- H Shahidi( Another consistent Batsmen)
- Asghar Afghan ( Technically strong batsman, experienced, 42 in last game, middle order)
- Sunil Ambis( Averages 71 in ODIs)
- M Nabi is one of the key players and has bagged 9 wickets for his side along with 105 runs off his willow. Nabi has an average of 49.00 against West Indies.
- G Naib has got 189 runs in 8 innings at an average of 23.62 plus 9 wickets in his pocket so far. He is in great form and would be effective. Naib has an average of 38.66 against West Indies.
- Jason Holder( Swing bowler + decent batsman, 2 wickets last game)
- Carlos Brathwaite ( Very attacking batsman, 101 recently against NZ)
- F Allen( Left arm orthodox + attacking batsman, 1 wicket + 51 runs last game, very good at 8cr)
- SS Cottrell is the leading wicket-taker for West Indies. He has bagged 12 wickets in 8 innings and would definitely trouble the batsmen.
- Rashid khan (Currently best spinner in the world, Can also bat in attacking manner)
- Oshane Thomas( Bowls with very good pace and bounce, wicket less from last few games, 8 wickets this WC)
- Dawlat Zadran( Good pace bowler, Afg main pacer, 6 wickets from 4 games)
- Mujeeb ( Mystery bowler, 5 wickets in last 2 games)
- S Shirzad( Left arm pacer, could play today)
Join Our Telegram For Regular Notifications,
Updates and Team News,
Bet Of The day, Football betting & Cricket betting tips Available 100% sure win.